Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing breastpumps. If you want to buy or sell breastpumps, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

First time working mum - which pump?

(3 Posts)
bradleybecky Mon 05-Dec-16 12:07:53

Im planning on breastfeeding first baby and need a breast pump for when I'll be out on training regularly for work. (Once a week) Will leave the milk with boyfriend for the day. Any recommendations? Shall I go manual or electric? Budgets flexible. Seems like another minefield sad any advice would be appreciated.

qate Tue 17-Jan-17 11:01:32

I am with you on this! I'll be going back after 3-4 months, so trying to decide the best thing to do. I've been so far tied between the Spectra S1 (which looks an all round better system, apart from its lack of accessories/convenience in getting them) and the Medela (doesn't look quite as good, but is so much easier to get hold of spare parts/replacements). However, I'm now wondering whether I'm overthinking it and whether I should just pick up a single electric pump and a hand expresser and play it by ear. What are you thinking/what did you go for?

Ineedanewbody Tue 24-Jan-17 11:15:39

I would highly recommend the Ardo Calypso Double Plus breast pump. Firstly it's a closed system so you can buy/sell second hand with no worries. Having a double pump is useful for efficiency. I expressed a work with a single pump which was fine but I think it did effect my milk supply as you are time restricted.

I've found the pump itself easy to use, clean and the setting are quite powerful if you need them to be.

I had a Medea swing before that I used for 2.5 years and it was ok but milk escaped and into the filters and mechanisms which then turned black and mouldy. I was quite shocked actually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now