Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

aahhh leaky boobs!!

(8 Posts)
shalaa Thu 18-Aug-05 19:45:58

My boobs are driving me mad!! i've been breast feeding for 6 months now and am still getting engorged, leaking through breast pads and having to change my top about 3 times a day. My let down is painful and I can spray milk across the room for the first 5 mins or so! This is really putting me off as I was planning on trying to BF DS for the 1st year. Anyone else have this??

Feffi Thu 18-Aug-05 20:06:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

icklelulu Thu 18-Aug-05 20:25:48

Yes I have this BADLY!! I cant use any breast pads on right boob its that bad have to cut up incontinence pads to use Do u leak that much from both boobs? I only leak really badly from right boob as I had an abscess removed when DS was three weeks and its damaged something. I leak quite a bit from left boob aswell and find avent and lansinoh the best. My DS is 9 months now and although the leaking is inconvinient to say the least, I have come to terms with it and will carry on for as long as I feel I can. I hope you can carry on feeding as long as you intended. I know wot u mean about spraying milk. I sprayed my mum the other day She was sat next to us whilst feeding!! Good luck I hope it all works out for you

Feffi Thu 18-Aug-05 21:40:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spod Thu 18-Aug-05 21:44:03

Message deleted

vickitiredmum Thu 18-Aug-05 22:04:22

Ha ha! i know about the spraying things! I find splatters around my house all the time that ive missed when cleaning! My poor DS gets it in the eye quite often which makes him jerk his head back and i spray even more. Had it in the eye myself once or twice. I use breastpads from Chicco who normally make prams and rocker chairs etc. They are the best ones i have found - they are the most absorbant ever. You can find them in Boots. (With my first LO i was using up to 5 breastpads a boob at a time to control leakage - so these pads are a vast improvement!) Please try them and let me know what you think. (Im not a Chicco or a Boots rep i promise!)

hunkermunker Thu 18-Aug-05 22:13:27

Have you tried washable breastpads? They're a bit like flying saucers so don't work too well under skimpy tops, but I found them v absorbent.

Tinker Fri 19-Aug-05 09:38:30

I've started putting the cheaper ones inside my bra and attaching the Lansinoh (really thin) ones to the inside of my top. Doesn't work on white tops though! This sexy look does usually get me through the day with no top changes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now