Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what age did your baby self wean from the breast?

(9 Posts)
Tipex Wed 17-Aug-05 20:37:45

Just realised after 6m of exclusive feeding, how gutted I'll be when Ds decides to stop if its anytime soon. just wondered roughly what age its commonest for them to do this?

hunkermunker Wed 17-Aug-05 20:40:43

DS is 16mo and has dropped all but his morning feed - and he's losing interest in that too.

Dior Wed 17-Aug-05 20:42:19

Message withdrawn

spidermama Wed 17-Aug-05 20:42:27

DD1 @ about 3 years.
DS2 @ 2.5 - 3
DS3 @ 2 - 2.5
ds4 ..... TBC.

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 20:43:03

DD never asked for her morning feed at 11.5 mo I never offered again and she went onto a beaker of cows milk was the right time for me too.

luley Thu 18-Aug-05 14:26:20

i exclusivley fed my ds until 8 moths - had difficulty at the beginning bu throughly enjoyed it later - when he got to 8 mths i decided that i wanted at least one feed where i didn't have to get them out! put him straight on to a beaker - it was heart renching to start with cos he had never had formula, or anything but me - however - now he loves it - just dropped the afternoon feed as he's got so wriggly!! only do breakfast and supper, and feel much better. the very long winded moral of the story is... 1. unlikely he will decide to stop if you have been exclusively bf, as he knows no differnet 2. do what feels right for you, and don't feel yuo have to do anything just cos others are... good luck and continue to enjoy!

hunkermunker Thu 18-Aug-05 14:27:25

Tipex, also babies rarely self-wean if you're exclusively breastfeeding before they're one.

jenk1 Thu 18-Aug-05 14:28:03

DS was fed until 13months - he lost interest, DD is still being fed at 16months and probably for a long time as she is showing no sign of being bored with it and is allergic to dairy,soya products..probably until shes 2.5

Hattie05 Thu 18-Aug-05 14:30:08

Don't get too worried about that yet, i had to prize dd away at 2years old!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now