Talk

Advanced search

Teats for a 6 month old

(9 Posts)
Ruthiebaby Thu 11-Aug-05 19:08:22

Just started on the formula... so I've got tons of questions !

Anyway, my latest one is... What kind of teat should I be using for my 6 month old ? Slow flow, medium flow, vari flow, fast flow ?!?!! Help !!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 19:09:30

we use vari-flo and have doen for a while because it means she can get the flow she wants!

Magscat Thu 11-Aug-05 19:10:23

Depends on the baby and how used to the bottle they are & how hungry they are.
My dd is 7 m and has just started using no. 4 teats - v. fast but ok for most of the time.
She also still uses medium when she's sleepy & slower!

Ruthiebaby Thu 11-Aug-05 19:13:27

I've been using the 'slow flow' one that came with the bottle when I bought my express pump and he seems to have formula MUCH slower than expressed milk. Perhaps it's thicker ?

I definately need to switch to something a bit faster...perhaps I'll try the vari-flo and see how he gets on with that.

anchovies Thu 11-Aug-05 19:16:00

We used medium then fast, ds breastfed in about 3 minutes flat though! Ds never liked the variflow ones though.

anchovies Thu 11-Aug-05 19:17:27

Its cos in the slow flow there's only one hole, ds used to be sucking away for ages! Have just thought I mean the avent variflow ones have a feeling that the different make ones work differently or do you have to turn the bottle for them all?

Ruthiebaby Thu 11-Aug-05 19:20:53

turn the bottle ? Now I'm confused. Do the teats have different angles or something ?

anchovies Thu 11-Aug-05 19:22:57

The avent ones had a little 1, 2 and 3 on the side and depending on which way they are pointing controls the speed of the flow. I could never figure them out (or see the numbers for that matter!)

Ruthiebaby Thu 11-Aug-05 20:29:42

Ahhhh I see

I'll become an expert one day ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now