Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

SMA gold & SMA progress!

(10 Posts)
luvlymum Mon 08-Aug-05 09:54:14

I'm a little confused my baby is 6 months old and I've recently started weaning her which she's doing very well, she has always had SMA gold but I was wondering if I should change her milk now to a follow on milk like SMA progress or just stick to the SMA gold til she's a bit older. Sorry if I sound really thick but this is my first baby and some things I'm finding really confusing

handlemecarefully Mon 08-Aug-05 09:55:20

I think it's SMA progress from 6 months

Nemo1977 Mon 08-Aug-05 09:55:56

personally would stick with the gold if she is fine with it then jus tmover her onto cows milk at 12mths.

nailpolish Mon 08-Aug-05 09:56:12

i think its recomended to just stick with the gold if your baby likes it. i read somewhere that the progress is much the same but with extra iron- which can make baby constipated. good luck with the weaning!

Nemo1977 Mon 08-Aug-05 09:57:26

meant to say i moved ds onto sma progress but only because he was less interested in his food and wanted milk more...but to be hones ti dont think it made much of a difference

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 08-Aug-05 09:57:52

we used gold til jess was 9 months and wish i had done it earlier. Jess was VERY sick on gold, and as soon as we switched to prgress milk, the sick stopped!

Its up to you at the end of the day but if you have a sicky baby it might be worth a try!

handlemecarefully Mon 08-Aug-05 10:02:19

The point about the extra iron, if I remember correctly (and I might be wrong), is that they probably need extra iron by the time they are 6 months because any iron stocks they built up whilst in utero have declined by then. I think I remember something like that....

hercules Mon 08-Aug-05 10:04:21

No reason to give progress milk. It's a marketing ploy as formula companies can advertiose their products this way.
No reason to change. Babies cant absorb the extra iron anyway and should be starting or on solids at this time anyway.

starlover Mon 08-Aug-05 10:07:16

the only reason i would use it is because it's cheaper isn't it?

hercules Mon 08-Aug-05 10:08:18

It isnt cheaper if you work out volume and scoop size. Again a clever ploy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now