Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

What temp is breast milk?

(8 Posts)
spilla Thu 04-Aug-05 13:49:40

Still trying to get bf dd1 to take bottle as well as breast. What temp is breast milk?

Am I making bottle too warm or is it too cold?

Help anyone

edam Thu 04-Aug-05 13:51:23

Body temperature, I think. So not cold but not too hot either. Can you get someone else to give her the bottle while you are out of sight? She probably won't want a bottle from you because she can smell breastmilk. My dh got ds to take a bottle by wrapping it in a bra I'd worn so ds got the idea that it was milk.
HTH

MrsDoolittle Thu 04-Aug-05 13:57:00

Try 37 degrees, that should do it!

spilla Thu 04-Aug-05 13:59:12

Oh Edam I am at wits end. dh tried everything and so has my mum - she just refuses and screams until she goes purple and I end up giving in.

Tried diff formula, ebm, 8 different teats etc

Help!

moozoboozo Thu 04-Aug-05 14:01:13

How old is she? I know mt friend had to use a cup in the end. Heinz baby basics I think. Her DS wouldnt drink out of anything else

spilla Thu 04-Aug-05 14:47:35

moozoboozc - only 13 weeks!

nailpolish Thu 04-Aug-05 14:54:47

some cups are from 3 mths - i would give it a try.

i had this problem and sometimes putting breastmilk in the teat tempted dd's. but it was a hard hard struggle, my dh had the patience of a saint and eventually it happened with dd1. with dd2 we had to use a cup (i was glad in the end, cos sometimes you have to go through the whole rigmarole again with cups)

nailpolish Thu 04-Aug-05 14:55:10

on the teat - sorry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: