Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What temp is breast milk?

(8 Posts)
spilla Thu 04-Aug-05 13:49:40

Still trying to get bf dd1 to take bottle as well as breast. What temp is breast milk?

Am I making bottle too warm or is it too cold?

Help anyone

edam Thu 04-Aug-05 13:51:23

Body temperature, I think. So not cold but not too hot either. Can you get someone else to give her the bottle while you are out of sight? She probably won't want a bottle from you because she can smell breastmilk. My dh got ds to take a bottle by wrapping it in a bra I'd worn so ds got the idea that it was milk.
HTH

MrsDoolittle Thu 04-Aug-05 13:57:00

Try 37 degrees, that should do it!

spilla Thu 04-Aug-05 13:59:12

Oh Edam I am at wits end. dh tried everything and so has my mum - she just refuses and screams until she goes purple and I end up giving in.

Tried diff formula, ebm, 8 different teats etc

Help!

moozoboozo Thu 04-Aug-05 14:01:13

How old is she? I know mt friend had to use a cup in the end. Heinz baby basics I think. Her DS wouldnt drink out of anything else

spilla Thu 04-Aug-05 14:47:35

moozoboozc - only 13 weeks!

nailpolish Thu 04-Aug-05 14:54:47

some cups are from 3 mths - i would give it a try.

i had this problem and sometimes putting breastmilk in the teat tempted dd's. but it was a hard hard struggle, my dh had the patience of a saint and eventually it happened with dd1. with dd2 we had to use a cup (i was glad in the end, cos sometimes you have to go through the whole rigmarole again with cups)

nailpolish Thu 04-Aug-05 14:55:10

on the teat - sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now