Talk

Advanced search

supply question

(4 Posts)
alux Fri 29-Jul-05 09:24:10

If I have b/f exclusively for 20 wks, how much will supply be affected if cannot b/f from 8am - 4 pm from Mon - Fri? Intend to pump around mid-day too.

I will continue to b/f in the evenings and nights.

alux Fri 29-Jul-05 09:27:41

ps: should have called it 'another supply question'.

Tiktok is a mummy angel.

tiktok Fri 29-Jul-05 09:34:22

Not an angel, alux......glad to say

There is no 'mathematical' answer to your question - too many individual variables.

Lets assume you are a 'good' producer and have no underlying issues of supply at any time.

I can make a guess. At 20 weeks, with a midday expressing, plus extra feeds at weekends, and bf in the morning and in the evening and night all week, I reckon your supply will be more or less unaffected, in that you will have enough for your baby as and when she wants it. However, I would predict that you will gradually get less at the midday expressing. This will not mean you will not have sufficient for your baby - so you need to be warned not to freak out when it happens.

I'd be interested to see if others guess the same as me!

alux Fri 29-Jul-05 19:38:56

thanks tiktok. makes me worry a lot less about going back to work. I can possibly go to nursery on mondays and fridays to give a feed as my timetable will permit this.

I think my supply is fine. Have not given dd any formula for about a month - last one i think was a month ago. it seems like that was the source of colic. she didn't like having the two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now