Talk

Advanced search

room temp bottle feeds??

(11 Posts)
charliegirl25 Tue 19-Jul-05 12:03:16

Message withdrawn

Littlefish Tue 19-Jul-05 12:06:06

Hi there,

I do this. I keep the bottles filled with water in the fridge until I'm ready to use them. If we're going out I just take one with me and keep the formula powder separately.

There was a thread on here recently about this, but I can't remember how long ago.

lilaclotus Tue 19-Jul-05 12:11:56

we kept cooled down boiled water in the bottles, then added the formula when needed. much better than keeping made up bottles that go off if unused.

Nik72 Tue 19-Jul-05 12:13:28

I do this too - leave bottles in the fridge with water & microwave them for 30 seconds before adding the formula. Much easier than farting around heating made-up bottles and I give the water a good shake after the microwave. I often leave the water at room temp if I'm out & about - sterile water won't grow bugs.

acnebride Tue 19-Jul-05 12:13:32

Yup.

I probably didn't keep the water for longer than 48 hours or so at room temp, I have to say. My mil would say 24 hours (ex-department of health microbiologist - sorry).

Distracted Tue 19-Jul-05 12:44:38

We did this - same as everyone else here, except didn't keep water in fridge, just at room temp, then added formula as required.

Willow2 Tue 19-Jul-05 12:55:28

Calling acnebride... was it you who sent me an email (mentioning your mum and the World Health Organisation)for the piece I'm doing on weaning? I desperately need you to get in contact as I don't have your age down. If anyone else knows acnebride's phone number can they get her to email me on aeffreelance@hotmail.com - cheers!

charliegirl25 Tue 19-Jul-05 18:01:03

Message withdrawn

mogwai Wed 20-Jul-05 10:44:20

I read on the archived thread that you can buy a container to put measured-out formula into, so you don't have to take the formula box out with you. Anyone know where to buy this?

Also, second question, we use ready-made formula for trips out and at night. We sterilise the bottles beforehand but don't keep boiled water in them. We put the bottles into a vaccuum bag and pour the formula from the carton.

Hmmmm...is this ok? Baby has no complaints so far and will take milk at any temperature

Littlefish Wed 20-Jul-05 12:10:02

Mogwai, I used to do exactly the same and my dd (now 8 months) has always been fine!

MascaraOHara Wed 20-Jul-05 12:13:13

I did it, so much easier than messing about. DD is 3 and perfectly healthy! I didn't even heat them for her, bad mummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now