Talk

Advanced search

Expressing mummies.......

(14 Posts)
momentrylapseofreason Fri 15-Jul-05 21:55:28

how much milk would you leave for a 8 month old being left from 8:30 till 5?

jamiesam Fri 15-Jul-05 22:03:11

Two 6oz bottles? If you feed first thing, and he/she has full fat milk in breakfast, then two bottles would do 11am and 3pm?

momentrylapseofreason Fri 15-Jul-05 22:08:05

thanks - am currently struggling to express 10 oz which he has over 2 feeds - but he is often still hungry and is going through his freezer supply.

jamiesam Fri 15-Jul-05 22:11:57

You're flow will be reducing as you are expressing only during the day . I gradually introduced a bit of formula into the ebm to keep up quantity.

hercules Fri 15-Jul-05 22:51:46

I tried to leave between 4-8oz of bm as that's allI could manage to express and this was toppped up with formula cartons.

momentrylapseofreason Fri 15-Jul-05 23:03:14

Wish I could produce more - find it difficult at work, nowhere private etc so expressing 1st thing in the morning and once (or twice if I can) in the evening. Try and freeze spares at weekend.

chipmonkey Fri 15-Jul-05 23:42:20

MLOR, are you in the UK?

momentrylapseofreason Sat 16-Jul-05 21:38:08

Yes I am.......why????

chipmonkey Sun 17-Jul-05 00:07:55

Because I think they may be obliged to provide you with a private place to pump and a fridge. Maybe someone wiser than me could clarify? Mears knows for sure but she's on holiday

Pixiefish Sun 17-Jul-05 00:23:08

yes they do have to provide a clean room to pump-

'Under health and safety legislation employers are required to provide pregnant and breastfeeding women with a place to rest. The Health and Safety Executive also recommends that employers provide women who are breastfeeding with suitable rest periods, access to a private room to express milk, and somewhere to store milk.'

i got it here

chipmonkey Sun 17-Jul-05 17:08:25

Thanks, Pixie! Knew it had to be there somewhere!

cazzybabs Sun 17-Jul-05 17:31:27

I feed her in the morning ands then leave her 4-5oz of milk to last her 8 - 5 and then she also has water in the day and then I bf her again in the evening lots.

momentrylapseofreason Sun 17-Jul-05 21:36:30

I know my employers would provide a room if they had to - probably a dingy room with no lock - but I would find it really hard to relax at work and if I had to make the time up it would mean I was away from kids for longer.

fqueenzebra Sun 17-Jul-05 21:40:48

my babies would have had 2x 4- or 5- oz bottles at that age, absolutely no more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: