Talk

Advanced search

This may sounds odd............but can a 19 month old........

(5 Posts)
QueenOfQuotes Fri 15-Jul-05 21:31:49

rememeber how many bottles they've had in a day??? No seriously!!

DS2 is almsot 20 months old and still has 3 full bottles of milk a day (on top of 3 meals!). One straight after his breakfast, one around 3pm and one just before bed.

About 2 weeks ago I forgot to give him his 3pm feed, he didn't complain, played nicely for the rest of the day, ate the same amount of dinner as usual, had his nighttime bottle and went to bed.........but wouldn't settle - so after about 45 minutes we offered him some more milk (his 3rd bottle of the day).....he went straight off to sleep afterwards.

Today he didn't get his morning bottle as we had to go out, and by the time we got back it was 'too late' for it. Had his afternoon and evening one as usual, again no complaining/whinging etc, played nicely etc etc..........BUT He's only just gone off to sleep after being put down at 8pm (he usually settles withint 10-15minutes after 'chatting' to his brother) and that was after I gave him another (his 3rd) bottle of milk a day.

Could he actually 'remember' that he's not had his usualy amount of milk, is it coincidence or is my son just as wierd as me??

chipmonkey Fri 15-Jul-05 21:42:27

Q of Q, he may not remember but just doesn't have that lovely comfortable feeling of getting enough milk.

vicdubya Fri 15-Jul-05 21:46:21

Perhaps he was just thirsty?! Had he had much else to drink?

QueenOfQuotes Fri 15-Jul-05 21:48:41

He had loads to drink today (and 2 weeks ago) and ates LOTS of dinner tonight

Nemo1977 Fri 15-Jul-05 21:50:57

Qof Q i have the same with ds who is 21mths. He still has 3 cups of milk and some days i miss day one out but when i do he tends to wake up in the night..obviously just fills a little gap in thier tums.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now