Talk

Advanced search

nighttime nursing bra

(16 Posts)
suzi2 Thu 14-Jul-05 22:29:30

I'm currently 37wks pg and got fitted for a nursing bra today. The thing is, the lady told me to only buy one as she said the sizing was slightly predictive. Anyhow, for a change in the early days, I would like to buy a really soft sleeping type bra. The thing is, I'm a 36H and all of the bras I've seen simply come in back sizes.

Does anyone know where I can buy a comfy (preferably cheap!) nighttime nursing bra in a larger cup size?

Sus, x

misdee Thu 14-Jul-05 22:31:42

think you need the NCT for that. cant remember if mine came i na cup size, but they are pretty generous.

bobbybob Thu 14-Jul-05 22:42:42

I didn't wear a bra at night - wearing one all the time gave me sore nipples. I wore a T shirt with lycra in which gave some support.

boris09 Thu 14-Jul-05 22:57:07

Have you tried ?

boris09 Thu 14-Jul-05 22:57:57

Sorry, link didn't work. Have you tried Bravissimo.com?

Blondeinlondon Thu 14-Jul-05 23:03:07

try figleaves website

Ruthiebaby Fri 15-Jul-05 14:51:42

I was a 38E at the start of bf and I got one from Mothercare. It was one of those ones that come in the back size. But it seemed to have plenty give. May be worth trying if you can't find anything else.

serenity Fri 15-Jul-05 14:59:05

The sleep bras from Mothercare are really roomy, even though they aren't in cup sizes. They should let you try one on if you ask.

I'd buy more nursing bras now tbh. It would take a hardy soul to go bra shopping straight after having a baby, and they get leaked on pretty quickly. The fitter is quite obviously mad.

Ruthiebaby Fri 15-Jul-05 16:00:26

Yeah Mothercare let me try mine on - the woman was there with her tape telling me to hoist up my boobs so she could measure underneath and was giving me them all to try on !

bandbsmum Fri 15-Jul-05 16:16:03

try bravadodesigns.com. I got some of these from a local Maternity wear shop. They are really comfy, look a bit like sports bras. They come in a range of sizes from S (32-36B) right up to a XL++ (42-46F-G). They're not cheap though, I paid £27.50 each for them.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 15-Jul-05 17:51:59

I like my bravado bras. I use them for nighttime, and sometimes for day (but I'm not busty, so don't need so much support). Very soft cups, with a big elastic bit underneath.

Flossam Fri 15-Jul-05 17:58:19

The figleaves website has a handy measurer guide for you to either find one to buy without stripping off or to buy online, as I did, the morning my waters broke in a mad panic cause I was trying to wait untill the last possible moment to buy my bras before labour. Not that last minute though, but my waters broke early! Didn't bother with night bras though.

bandbsmum Fri 15-Jul-05 19:31:16

I use mine day and night NotQuiteCockney and like you I'm not very well endowed!!

suzi2 Sun 17-Jul-05 15:59:18

Thanks everyone. I might give the mothercare ones a shot. Ultimately, I don't need anything to fit perfectly for night - just to be comfy and hold breastpads in place!

Sus, x

popsycal Sun 17-Jul-05 16:16:28

asda have some
cheap

serah Sun 17-Jul-05 21:42:21

Mine were 36 L (eek!)

Got them from Jessops and were £25 each. I had two white and one black and one white never got worn (I seem to recall, I can't go and rummage as littlun is asleep in the room!)

It would be too big cup wise, but if you want it you can have it - with it being night time only, it would just stop them flopping under your arms and being painful.

Let me know

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: