Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Question for MNs using Avent Microwave Steriliser and Dr Brown/Nuk bottles

(4 Posts)
SweetFudge Mon 11-Jul-05 15:21:57

I've bought the Avent microwave sterilisier and have got two Dr Brown bottles and one Nuk bottle as well. Will the bottles be fine if I microwave sterilise them? The Dr Brown instructions don't say anything about microwave use apart from not heating baby milk in them.

Also, have got some cold water Milton tablets for sterilising bottles when I'm at my MIL (They don't have a microwave). I read in the Avent manual that I shouldn't use chemical sterilisers on the bottles at any time if I'm going to microwave sterilise them later. Will I have to stick by that advice or has anyone ignored it and the bottles have been fine anyway?

Thanks!

MumsRCool Tue 12-Jul-05 09:35:01

I use the avent steriliser with the Dr Brown's bottles and have never had a problem putting all of the parts in the steriliser. I have also used chemical sterilisers on the bottles when traveling and again there wasn't a problem.

I love these bottles, there's a bit more to wash-up but my DS had no colic so if there's a choice between washing up and colic, I'll take the washing up.

SweetFudge Tue 12-Jul-05 12:23:13

Thanks very much, MRC! Good to know I can carry on as intended.

Cheers.

Libb Tue 12-Jul-05 12:42:24

I've been chucking my NUK bottles into my sterliser for ages now - hadn't really thought about I should or not!

They seem okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now