Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how quickly do breasts change after weaning?

(11 Posts)
tomkitty Thu 07-Jul-05 19:59:26

DD's 1st birthday is next week and I am going to start weaning. As have struggled with milk supply since day 1 I doubt will be too difficult.

When I got pg my breasts ballooned from 34D to 36F. How long do you think it will take for them to shrink, if that's going to happen? My maternity bras are shot.

PennyLess Thu 07-Jul-05 20:31:54

As far as I can remember, you will carry on filling up with milk for quite a while, which may or may not be a problem for you if your supply isn't that plentiful. Then they just gradually go down. 10 days or so? Any advance on that?!

dinny Thu 07-Jul-05 20:38:18

Ooh, Tomkitty - v interested to read replies as I am a bit fed up with my big bazookas! Can't believe they will ever return to their pre-preg state!

anchovies Thu 07-Jul-05 20:44:31

Took a week before my lovely big pert boobs shrivelled away to droopy nothings!

toria77 Thu 07-Jul-05 20:47:08

take it slowly- my boobs killed for 2 weeks whilst i changed from bf to bottle. they are noe smaller than before i think- but havent had them measured yet!!

hunkermunker Thu 07-Jul-05 20:53:44

No idea - still bfeeding and pg again. Will be a long time before mine go back - and they'll no doubt be rattling round my waist somewhere when they do. Ho hum!

Sorry, no help at all!

Chuffed Fri 08-Jul-05 11:20:14

I'm not going to be much help as mine didn't change at all. I had to give up due to having no supply so just stopped, no pain but no shrinkage. But they didn't actually increase during pregnancy so I'm just wierd.

MarsLady Fri 08-Jul-05 11:22:27

mears said that after the fried egg/droopy stage they take up to a couple of years to refill with the fatty tissue that makes them look like boobs!

anchovies Fri 08-Jul-05 11:23:20

Oooh Marslady I hope that's true cos mine are dreadful!

MarsLady Fri 08-Jul-05 11:29:50

I was hoping it would be quicker than that Ah well...........

sweetkitty Fri 08-Jul-05 14:09:10

DD not had a BF for a week (shes a year too) but I'm pregnant again so I don't know what mine will be like. They never got really full or uncomfortable when I stopped though. I have went out and bought some nice underwired bras I know your not supposed to wear them whilst preg or BF but I don't care I near some underwiring and my feeding ones were scanky not nice when you want to wear nice summer tops. Anyway I take my underwire ones off when I'm in comfy clothes indoors and sleeping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now