Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm all for freedom of speech...

(16 Posts)
hunkermunker Sun 03-Jul-05 20:48:37

But some people should be less free than others...

Nutter!

For info - the title of the article is "Sorry, mother's milk belongs under wraps"

dinny Sun 03-Jul-05 20:51:26

whaaaat? what IS wrong with some people???

bakedpotato Sun 03-Jul-05 20:53:10

Oh, come on, that is hilarious

Poughkeepsie, isn't that the place where they all get very excited about the groundhog?

fishfinger Sun 03-Jul-05 20:53:20

wanker isnt she

hunkermunker Sun 03-Jul-05 21:06:39

What a mentalist, isn't she?!

spidermama Sun 03-Jul-05 21:08:56

Grrrr! Wish I hadn't read that.

Yorkiegirl Sun 03-Jul-05 21:09:02

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Sun 03-Jul-05 21:09:47

Hmmm, and what are we supposed to do for that magical first year, then? Sit at home?

Gah.

Nik72 Sun 03-Jul-05 21:23:58

I've been to Poughkeepsie! It's north of New York.
Stupid ignorant woman....imagine comparing someone BF to having a smear!!!!

icklelulu Sun 03-Jul-05 21:45:41

all I can say is what a stuck up ignorant bitch! obviously hasnt got a clue what she is talking about. I might have to email her my views!

moondog Sun 03-Jul-05 21:48:31

lol at 'mentalist'!
Where do you find this stuff,hunker???

beatie Mon 04-Jul-05 11:30:57

I always think these people must have much deeper issues. If only she could see how ridiculous her statements come across.

GhostofNatt Mon 04-Jul-05 11:39:24

Do you think she is objecting to breastfeeding where you see the whole lot or the shawl / blamket cover-up kind as well? I personally only ever indulged in the latter and will no doubt get lynched for saying that think it is more sensitive to do it that way in v public places...
[waiting to gte lynched emoticon]

QueenOfQuotes Mon 04-Jul-05 11:42:25

beatie Mon 04-Jul-05 11:51:27

I'm not sure what these lactivist feed-ins or whetever they are called involve. Perhaps the women do sit outside a building and completely expose themselves whilst they feed their baby.

I have never, ever seen anyone feeding their baby indescreetly. You'd have to stare very hard to be aware of it. As for sitting next to someone on a plane who is breast feeding... how would you know? OK, you know, but you don't need to look. We don't closely observe the activities of any other strangers we sit next to on planes. If the baby was making slurping noises, well, you're going to get that when a baby feeds from a bottle too.

GhostofNatt Mon 04-Jul-05 12:01:06

me neither beatie and can't see why anyone would object to discreet feeding - the article seemed to be talking about women flashing their breasts whilst doing it and I have only seen that in mother/baby groups and chnaging room swhich is fine by me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now