Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What age did yours go to 2 feeds a day

(16 Posts)
nannyjo Sat 02-Jul-05 16:46:28

Ds is coming up 9 months, for weeks he's been on three milk feeds a day but recently seems less interested all of a sudden in his feeds (mainly the afternoon milk feed) but at the same time he is waking earlier too.

Do i drop a feed or perservere cos he's waking early (maybe hungry)

What age did you drop to 2 milk feeds a day???

tiffini Sat 02-Jul-05 16:51:19

Still trying to drop to 2 feeds a day, and my twins are 19 months, they have half formula and half cows milk.

They seem to totally love thier milk and somrtimes still have 4 feeds a day, but still eat loads of solids (3 meals a day)

Sorry not much help am I ???

coldtea Sat 02-Jul-05 17:41:03

Both of my children were down to 2 milk feeds by 9 months.

If he's not drinking it then drop it, just make sure he's having his 20oz

tassis Sat 02-Jul-05 18:02:54

Ds dropped to 2 (breast)feeds at 10 months. My then he was having 3 good sized meals and snacks. He had lots of milk on his morning weetabix, but otherwise was still pretty useless at taking liquid. He finally got the hang of drinking from a cup around a year.

Early waking could be anything. My guess would be it's ptobably not hunger related, but that's just an opinion!

Does he eat well?

nannyjo Sat 02-Jul-05 19:05:53

20oz blimey if he's down to 3 bottles it'll be 12oz

nannyjo Sat 02-Jul-05 19:06:04

i mean 2 bottles

hunkermunker Sat 02-Jul-05 19:08:14

Still haven't totally. Fed DS twice today already and will give a bedtime feed too, but that's an unusual day. Most days he has two, some days he only has one. He's 15mo tomorrow.

tassis Sat 02-Jul-05 19:12:29

but nannyjo, isn't the 20oz their total intake of milk including milk on cereal, yogs, cheese etc?

I think 2 milk feeds from 9/10 months is fine. But do 3 if you'd rather.

kbaby Mon 04-Jul-05 21:54:37

we were down to 2 at 10 months. she had 7oz in am excluding milk used on cereal and then 7oz at night and 4 in the night.

kikidee Mon 04-Jul-05 22:14:16

DS is 15 months this week and I have just stopped his mid-morning and mid-afternoon milk in the last month. We were on holiday and I just stopped giving milk at those times and he didn't seem to miss it at all. He gets morning and bedtime milk and takes 14oz over those two bottles so I think he's getting enough for his age.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 04-Jul-05 22:34:22

jess has 3 9oz bottles a day..... but she doesnt eat that well. she will eat 3 meals, but likes her morning milk, afternoon milk and bedtime milk. She's on cows milk now so im not too bothered as its more a drink than food.

handlemecarefully Mon 04-Jul-05 22:37:45

Ds is nearly 15 months. Has 8oz on waking, 8oz mid morning, 8oz mid pm and 8 oz at dinner time. Perhaps fractionally too much but I don't see the point in forcing the issue. He eats a reasonable breakfast, often doesn't bother much with lunch and just picks at it, but packs away a hearty meal at dinner time.

handlemecarefully Mon 04-Jul-05 22:38:21

Can't remember about dd and she is only 2.11. How soon we forget...

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 04-Jul-05 22:38:43

oh and jess is almost 1.

i love milk, so if anything, i would liek her to keep to 3 bottles a day

charleepeters Mon 04-Jul-05 22:58:58

omg! ds is 10 months and he is still having 4 7oz feeds a day plus 3 solid meals - gos how do i lower it from your posts hes obviously having loads!

charleepeters Mon 04-Jul-05 23:00:35

can i just add ds is dairy intolerent - so his bottles are his main source of calcium - the health visitor said he was having a good amount for a dairy free baby but all you rbabies seem to be having less. ?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now