loader

Talk

Advanced search

Switching to cows milk....

(6 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 13:26:04

... Jess is having a mare!

HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Offered it last night and it got spit back out at me! Managed to get some down her during a dream feed but wont touch it again this morning.

She is fine with milk in her breakfast, but not happy with the bottle.

HELP!

mears Fri 01-Jul-05 13:27:33

Do it gradually. Add it to formula milk until there is more cow's milk than formula IYSWIM?

lunarx Fri 01-Jul-05 13:33:15

thats what we're doing as ds is now a year old, giving him a bit of cows milk with his bottle and he seems okay with it..

(now, we are off to buy a beaker this weekend to start weaning him off the bottle!)

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 13:48:45

so i should try 5oz formula topped up with 2oz of ows milk in the same bottle?! Is that right?!

mears Fri 01-Jul-05 13:51:35

Yes, then next time up the cow's milk and reduce the formula. Eventually there will be more cow's milk than formula then you can switch completely

otto Fri 01-Jul-05 13:53:48

So glad I've seen this as i've been wondering the very same thing. Ds is happy to have cow's milk during the daytime, but not in the morning or evening. He will drink out of a beak quite happily though, so at least I don't have that to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now