Talk

Advanced search

Thrush (down below) and breastfeeding

(7 Posts)
Ruthiebaby Fri 01-Jul-05 10:24:30

I have thrush (ahem..down below...not on my nipples). I had it when I was pregnant and was given a pessary - I had also bought one so I kept it for another time. Now I think I'm definately ready to use it.......only thing is.....is it ok to use a pessary for thrush when I'm breast feeding ?
I know it was ok whilst I was pregnant as the doc prescribed it.

Anybody know ? I'm desperate !

georginars Fri 01-Jul-05 10:32:55

yes it is - used it myself the other week. Ask the pharmacist though to make sure they don't give you the oral capsule as you definitely can't take that - but the pessary is fine

starlover Fri 01-Jul-05 10:34:11

yes it should be fine. you can take canestan (fluconazole) tablets too, as i was prescribed these for nipple thrush.

someone (mears i think) gave me a good tip though... try drinking actimel every day! it really works at keeping the thrush away!

Ruthiebaby Fri 01-Jul-05 10:36:46

Thanks goerginars.

Starlover - funny you should say that as I used to drink the muller bio yogurt drinks every night. I stopped drinking them a few weeks ago....hmmmm...maybe I should start back up again !

starlover Fri 01-Jul-05 10:37:38

i always thought it was just another marketing ploy! but i used to get thrush a lot and haven't had it since starting on the actimel!

georginars Fri 01-Jul-05 10:37:46

oooh yes the actimel does help too!

Ruthiebaby Fri 01-Jul-05 10:52:14

Right...I'm off out now so I'm going to buy some when I'm out !!

Thanks girls

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now