Talk

Advanced search

When do i know its not enough?

(7 Posts)
likklemum Thu 30-Jun-05 23:40:32

Just wondering, when do i know that ds is not satisfied with the amount of milk he is getting from me? He has been b/feeding well from birth and gaining lots of weight, but now he seems to be constantly on the boob (11weeks)!Someone mentioned fennel tea boosts milk production, will it help in this scenario?

hunkermunker Thu 30-Jun-05 23:43:23

11-12 weeks is classic growth spurt time. PLEASE don't worry you're not producing enough milk - he's just feeding more so that there's more there when he needs more tomorrow and the next day than he did last week.

See here for more info - this is a fantastic breastfeeding site and well worth a browse

kama Thu 30-Jun-05 23:43:26

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Thu 30-Jun-05 23:44:31

Kama - great minds!

Honestly, if he's gaining lots of weight, please don't worry. Just trust your body - it grew your DS and has nourished him for 11 weeks - it will continue to do so.

kama Thu 30-Jun-05 23:45:15

Message withdrawn

likklemum Fri 01-Jul-05 00:02:14

What a great site! Thanks for that - also made me feel better about constantly having to feed in the night too! Alot of what the site says makes sense. He is fussier than usual, but his concentration levels are lengthening.

Anybody heard anything about fennel tea or other things that boost milk production as im feeling a bit empty IYKWIM?!

berolina Fri 01-Jul-05 07:24:37

likklemum - if you are feeding constantly you will feel 'empty' - it doesn't mean you actually are! If you give your boob a squeeze you will probably find milk comes out all the same. My breasts actually only feel 'full' when I have gone for 4 hours upwards without bf (my 6-week-old will feed constantly for hours and then sleep for 4-5 hours!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: