Talk

Advanced search

*+*+*+*+*+*+Dropinthe+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

(59 Posts)
MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 17:19:19

Hi darling.

Stopping the feeding...... well it is now day 4 since my return (sob! sob!).

I didn't do anything to prepare before I went away. I fed them as normal told them to say bye bye to my boobs and that was that. I went away (fab fab fab!!!!).

When I got home Monday night was hell on earth. They were screaming until about 4am. They pawed me and just went beserk! They had been fine without me, but the test was on. I just kept offering them their bottles.

Tuesday night, DT1 went ballistic for about 20mins and DT2 drank his bottle and went to bed after 10mins. They both woke at 4am (they seem to love that hour) and cried. DT2 drank his bottle straight away and went back to sleep. DT1 fought me and the bottle for about 20 mins, then drank and fell asleep.

Wednesday night DT2 went ballistic! DT1 drank her bottle, cried for 10 mins and fell asleep. DT2 drank his bottle and fell asleep after 5 mins, woke an hour later and screamed for about an hour and a half. They woke again around 4am, drank their bottles and went back to sleep.

Will update you tomorrow as to how tonight goes.

I could give in, but then I would have to fight this battle again when I decide to stop again. I've basically decided that it will be about a week of pure hell and then all should come good. It's not nice hearing them scream, but they are screaming cos they are angry, not cos they are hungry. DH helps as much as he can, but they want me and I am the one who has to win this battle. And before anyone moans at me.... I don't care!

It will come good dropinthe. You just have to be ready for it yourself. Good luck honey, see you on the other side!

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 19:56:43

Ok, will give you a blow by blow account tonight.

8pm. The DTs have just finished their milk. I'm about to put them to bed. Wish me luck. I'm going in!

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:03:00

ok, in bed now. Both crying. DT2 working up to a wee scream. DT1 not happy at all. So, the waiting game begins!

spidermama Thu 30-Jun-05 20:06:47

How about YOU. Won't you miss the feeding? The closeness? The Lurve hormones you get? I know I would.

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:09:52

I've breastfed children for 6 years. It's enough! I get enough lurvvvvvvve with all the kisssing and the cuddling. My boobs are glad of the break.

Nah, won't miss it! Loved it though! Completely and totally loved it. Now they just want me to be their dummy/chew toy. I want my boobs to shrink a little and I want a Rigby Peller bra or three!

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:11:16

silence!

Lonelymum Thu 30-Jun-05 20:12:10

Marslady, can't dh give yur twins their bottle until they get used to it? I can't remember any of mine making a fuss about giving up the boob but I think I might have ensured that dh fed them the bottle when it first replaced the boob so there was no argument about it.

spidermama Thu 30-Jun-05 20:14:05

Lucky to have silence. My great fat lump is back on my knee. He's my last baby so I know as soon as I stop feeding my now ample breasts will shrink back down to fried eggs for good. I love BFing too and have done it for 6 years. Good on yer and good luck with your two. Hats off to anyone coping with two at a time. Phewy!

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:14:15

They won't let him. I went away and left them for 3 days and they were fine. It was my return that cheesed them off. They're ok. They've had plenty of milk. It's not hunger, just anger.

Oops, there goes DT2, but it's a little sob rather than a scream. DT1 sleeping!

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:15:16

thank you spidermama. It's a little sad that I'll never bfeed again, but also very liberating.

Lonelymum Thu 30-Jun-05 20:17:07

I went out and had my boobs measured and bought loads of nice new bras (all underwired too!) to cheer me up when I gave up breastfeeding (after doing it on and off for 8 years).

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:20:35

That's the plan lonelymum. I told DH that he's gonna have to stump up for the R&P bras. I'm really looking forward to binning the nursing bras. May just burn them. nice ceremonial burn I think! Wanna come!

Lonelymum Thu 30-Jun-05 20:21:47

Yes I still have mine for some bizarre reason. We can burn em together!

spidermama Thu 30-Jun-05 20:22:19

Ebay them. Less fun but more practical. It's a nice feeling though when you know you're finally done with babies and can move on.

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:26:00

DT2 been asleep for 5 mins now, oops, just woke!

Lonelymum Thu 30-Jun-05 20:26:17

No I couldnd't do that! They were all ripped and missing the pull part of the zip when I was b/fing dd and she is not my youngest!

MarsLady Thu 30-Jun-05 20:37:40

DTs well and truly doing the s.... word now!

MarsLady Fri 01-Jul-05 07:41:37

They woke in the night, took their bottles and went straight back to sleep.

Cracked it!

Hth dropinthe.

jessicasmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 07:47:17

Well done babe, glad they are starting to settle.

Jess having a mare, trying to switch her to cows milk - she isnt impressed!

MarsLady Fri 01-Jul-05 11:01:36

bumping for dropinthe

dropinthe Fri 01-Jul-05 13:23:07

I'm here!!!!!

dropinthe Fri 01-Jul-05 13:28:42

Well done for being so strong and Thank you for answerng me! I have a week and two days to crack this one before I go away on holiday-my ds gets so angry too-how can I tell him why he can't have what he knows/loves anymore? I can see now how and why it is all or nothing because he cant differentiate between the "sleep" feeds Ive been trying to limit him to and all the other nice comfort feeds he wants.
Lonelymum-really wierd you have been posting on this thread as was only thinking about you about half an hour ago and thinking I would try to find you and up you pop! How the devil are you??

MarsLady Fri 01-Jul-05 13:39:42

You're welcome . I hope to see you posting that you've come through.

dropinthe Fri 01-Jul-05 13:45:24

I really hope so although unlike you will be very sad to stop as is my last and I feel very emotional about it but I know its what is best for ME-he treats my boobs like a dummy and I do think it makes me more tired than if I didnt do it-have just been diagnosed with under active thyroid and so my metabolism is buggered anyway so get extreme bouts of tiredness where I could fall asleep at the wheel if I stopped!
So needs must although initially I will be v sad. Think the one I gave him a few hours ago may probably be it as staying at a friends tonight and working most of the weekend so its got to be now or I'll never do it!

MarsLady Fri 01-Jul-05 13:50:19

I have a feeling of sadness because I have bf 5 children and the DTs were/are my last. However, you've fed your wee one and the time has come to stop. Just be strong. It only takes a few days, painful as they may be. Will be thinking of you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: