Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dream feed - breast or ebm?

(6 Posts)
vic891 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:29:43

ds (6 weeks) is starting to develop a nice core sleep, but at the wrong time for me -e.g. last night went from 6:45pm to 12:15am - so am thinking of introducing a dream feed. question - does it make any difference if i offer it from the breast or ebm via a bottle? speed isn't an issue - he feeds in about 8 minutes from the breast, so little advantage in using a bottle for that reason.

chipmonkey Thu 30-Jun-05 17:20:42

tbh, Vic, can't see why a bottle would be of any help! just making more work!

starlover Thu 30-Jun-05 17:25:36

agree with chipmonkey... why not just put him to sleep later?

hana Thu 30-Jun-05 17:33:08

I've done dreamfeeds with both
she settles the same with both
good luck
my dd is 6 months - I stopped dreamfeeding a few weeks ago - shes' now sleeping about 12 hours!! am v v hapy now esp in the morning.......

themothership Thu 30-Jun-05 17:37:51

DH has been giving our 6 week old ds a dreamfeed for a couple of weeks now. She's still quite small - 7.14lbs, but it means that she sleeps through for 7 hours usually, which I think is supposed to be good for a baby of her size. Don't know how much your ds weighs, but it could extend the time that he's asleep. We use a bottle of ebm so that dh can do the feed - it is more work, but it means I can get to bed earlier. Also, when dd is in a deepsleep it's quite hard to get her to open her mouth in the first place, so a bottle is easier because you can use the teat to prise her mouth open. We've found though that if we take the teat out, there's no way that she'll let it back in. Have a go and see what works for you.

Flamesparrow Thu 30-Jun-05 17:38:51

DD was the same with either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now