Talk

Advanced search

she's stopped feeding - very sad. Hugs please.

(11 Posts)
allyco Mon 27-Jun-05 21:31:33

DD4 has stopped BF at nearly ten months. I have been very poorly again and was in hospital with meningitis. Until I went in I had fed DD night and morning and through the night (although not during day as was at work). My DH had never even put her to bed as she had always had a BF last thing, it was our special time (sniff).

Anyway since I came home from hospital she has happily slept through the night after a bottle before she goes in her cot. Whilst I was in hospital she was fine too and didn't even seem to miss me (sniff, sniff.

Now. I know I should be happy that a) she was okay without me and didn't fret and b) that she is getting more independent but oh dear I miss it sooo much. My other DDs were all nearly or just over two before they gave up. I have tried but he just has a few halfhearted sucks then smiles and bites me, and even without teeth it bluddy hurts . My boobs are well deflated too and I think my milk is all gone.............

I knew it had to stop eventually but not like this. Am I being a sad pathetic sap???

aloha Mon 27-Jun-05 21:35:36

Ah, it is emotional isn't it? But what a happy secure little girl you have made. Would buying some truly lovely underwear help at all?

moondog Mon 27-Jun-05 21:41:26

No you're not! I just finished b/feeding my 11mth old and his sister fed until she was 21/2! Exactly your scenario (bar the Meningitis-how dreadful for you!)

Congratulate yourself on a job well done and look forward to the next stage (and allow yourself a little sniffle every now and again!)

XXXX

allyco Mon 27-Jun-05 21:41:39

funny you should say that as am still wearing nursing bra

I lost shedloads of weight after she was born and my boobs have gone all sort of deflated like someone's let all the air out of them. Maybe a bicycle pump??

lovecloud Mon 27-Jun-05 21:41:54

No your not - I know exactly how you feel. The last time I breastfed my dd I did not know it would be the last time, it took my over a month to drop one feed and then when it came to the last one for some reason on that day I had to go out and I just gave her a bottle of formula, later that day my boobs were empty and I was so tempted to put her on but then thought that would be pointless is I ws trying to wean her so I just carried on with bottles. I was so upset and my dh did not take it seriously but if I had known that night was the last I would of enjoyed it more. For about a month I felt down - must be hormonal. Then my boobs looked disgusting, deflated with massice nipples, I was like "great, thanks God, this is what I get" but I was assured by some lovely people on here that they would adjust over the next few months and thank God they did. They look just like before but softer.
Expect to feel a bit down, its only natural but now you can enjoy your own body again!
Feel pleased about tha great start you have given your child.

Take care

allyco Mon 27-Jun-05 21:43:41

moondog - did babe give up of own accord or did you put a stop to it, as this is the first time any of mine have ever stoped without a little gentle persuasion?

Thinks half the reason I feel sad is that this time I know is deffo the last. I am not having any more babies.....

allyco Mon 27-Jun-05 21:44:50

lovecloud - have you got my boobs or have I got yours??

moondog Mon 27-Jun-05 21:55:54

Own accord,allyco.Like yours,he just laughed and bit and burbled gorgeously so one morning I didn't bother and he couldn't have cared less!
Soooo different to his ds-if I even held her,the mouth would be searching frantically for a nipple.

allyco Mon 27-Jun-05 22:06:57

YES moondog, my other three were breast obssessed. Isn't it funny, you treat them all the same but their own personalities come out. I was going to have another sneaky try but don't really think anything will come of it. Even if she comes into bed with me first thing for a cuddle and there are the boobs bouncing (well, flapping) in front of her nose she's not bothered. The others would have latched on in a flash.

moondog Mon 27-Jun-05 22:19:49

Yes allyco! Know what you mean.
She's obviously ready though.
Even mears (queen of breastfeeding!)had two of hers wean around this age. If it's good enough for mears......

chipmonkey Tue 28-Jun-05 11:28:48

Allyco, <<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUt aloha is right, go to M+S and buy some hello-sky-meet-my-boobs underwired frothy loveliness! Should work a treat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now