Talk

Advanced search

B/F nightmare of going back work.

(6 Posts)
Danni05 Wed 22-Jun-05 09:49:06

This may seem a silly question, i am going back work on monday, and as i'm breastfeeding i need to supply the milk at the nursery for him, he'll only be there from 11-4.30ish, but i have no idea what amount he drinks or how many bottles he's going to need, as he's having solids my supply has really dwindled, and if i express i can only get a couple of onces if that, is this all he's having??? If i had the supply i'd give full bottles but dont and dont have the time to be expressing all day to get that amount, but dont want him to go hungry either.

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-05 09:51:45

surely if you feed him in the morning and maybe just before he goes to nursery - he's not going to need milk while he's there? what age is he?
surely he'll have his lunch=solids there and his snack at 3ish again solids rather than milk.

Danni05 Wed 22-Jun-05 10:34:16

He's 6mths, he normally has a feed after each meal, and then also a feed about 3ish when he has a snack, but most the time he wont have the snack and just wants a feed

moondog Wed 22-Jun-05 10:36:23

I think he could manage without,having just water. My 8 month old did,and that was from 8:30 until after 5.
Best of luck.

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-05 10:38:44

I reckon if its not on offer - he won't want it. Most babies don't drink much milk at nursery/childminders. Would he take formula as a last resort. I used to bf ds at home and formula at nursery when he got to about 6 mo.

aloha Wed 22-Jun-05 10:48:28

Or move to Estonia. There you get a year off on full pay PLUS maternity pay on top. Sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now