Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Water

(10 Posts)
Janbo25 Tue 21-Jun-05 18:28:38

My ds is nearly 6 month and i'm having great difficulty trying to get him to drink water i've tried all sort of combinations but he is just not interested in anything other than milk! and obviously now because of the warm weather it is getting crucial as anyone got any tips?

burstingbug Tue 21-Jun-05 18:32:33

I've tried adding a bit of baby juice to the water and my ds (4 mths) won't touch any of it.

WigWamBam Tue 21-Jun-05 18:33:57

Janbo, is he breast-fed? You don't need to give him extra water if he is.

Janbo25 Tue 21-Jun-05 18:36:35

hi no he is now bottle fed and started to be weaned but i've even tried adding juice but he isn't interested

wysiwyg Thu 23-Jun-05 23:34:50

DS will drink water from a bottle but not from a cup (he is mostly breastfed). Have you tried using different cups/ bottles, and offering water with a feed.

qsack Sun 07-Aug-05 13:52:00

hi, with the water thing, when do you stop needing to boil the water first before you give it to them?

Littlefish Sun 07-Aug-05 19:39:52

Have you tried warming the water before giving it? My dd would take water from a bottle if it was warm because she was used to her milk being warm. Once she was used to it, I stopped warming it. She now has it in a beaker (she's 8.5 months.)

Lizita Sun 07-Aug-05 19:45:50

I think it's a year that you can stop boiling the water.

My friend managed to get a few gulps down her resistant ds by putting a bit into the lid of a bottle, he seemed to prefer sipping from that than trying to drink from a lidded cup. Maybe because he was a bit older at the time though.

jane313 Sun 07-Aug-05 19:53:26

you can stop boiling the water at 6 months according to the fsa

qsack Sun 07-Aug-05 22:00:53

THANK YOU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now