Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

an update!

(20 Posts)
starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 13:07:52

ok, thought i'd give you all an update.

following my last post, and all the great advice i got all enthusiastic about getting DS back on the boob.

I made up a plan to follow and everything!

BUT! it came to doing it, and i just don't have the willpower any more. I just can't make myself do the expressing 8 times a day, and in the night. Tried DS on the breast a couple of times, but no luck.

I have decided to stick with expressing 3 times a day which is giving me enough for at least one bottle a day. He is happy on formula, and the breastmilk is stopping him becoming constipated.

I feel like I am gradually coming to terms with not b/f him, and it isn't such a big issue for me any more. I am more relaxed, and feel like I have more time to spend with him without feeling all anxious or having to go off and express.

I don't want to look back on this time and only remember being upset and the constant expressing and just generally not enjoying my little boy enough.

I do feel I have made the right decision. and i just want to thank EVERYONE who has replied to my (seemingly constant) threads with advice and support... I feel a bit guilty that you've all spent so much time on me and i'm giving up!

THANK YOU!

SoupDragon Tue 21-Jun-05 13:09:11

Glad you've sorted everything out in your mind

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 16:13:49

thanks SD

Pixiefish Tue 21-Jun-05 16:22:18

The most important thing is that you're happy. Happy mummy= happy baby.

Like you say you don't want to look back and remember being unhappy. You've tried your best, well done you

tiktok Tue 21-Jun-05 17:15:20

star, good to hear from you, and enjoy from now on

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 17:20:51

thanks i feel like a weight has been lifted from me. and although i still feel a bit sad about it I think it's for the best. I still see people breastfeeding and wish that I could... but it isn't worth getting so worked up over...

chipmonkey Tue 21-Jun-05 17:31:07

Starlover, you've made the right choice. Well done for trying so hard, loads of others would have given up long ago!

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 19:31:13

thanks chipmonkey!
and bump for all the other people that need to see my

THANK YOU!

aloha Tue 21-Jun-05 19:58:53

don't be silly starlover - you have done everything you could and you deserve to be happy and relaxed and to enjoy being a mum. I'm sure your son will thrive and anyway, he's had breastmilk from you and continues to get it, which is what you wanted. You aren't giving up - you are just deciding to go with the flow. It takes two to breastfeed!

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 20:25:09

i guess i'll just have to have another one now to satisfy my b/f urges!

mears Tue 21-Jun-05 20:32:24

Sorry B/F has not worked out for you this time Starlover but glad to see you have come to a decision you are happy with . My goodness you have tried hard and given it your best shot.
You definately need to enjoy time with your ds and you are right to do what is manageable for you. Enjoy your baby

chipmonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 15:09:55

And good luck with no. 2!

starlover Wed 22-Jun-05 17:56:19

i will be very well prepared should i have another one!

highlander Wed 22-Jun-05 18:27:41

well done starlover - you sound very chipper! Good on you still expressing a bottle a day though - I could never be arsed expressing

I feel very humbled by your efforts!

starlover Wed 22-Jun-05 18:31:04

well... i would stop. but it does help a little bit with his poo!

we can't find anything that really works for him
SMA, Cow and Gate and Hipp Organic all make him constipated.
Aptamil and Farleys made him very sick

so.. at the mo we're using the Hipp and the one bottle of ebm helps a little

moondog Wed 22-Jun-05 22:08:36

starlover,just to say that I've really admired your tenacity. You've been incredible!

I couldn't face the thought of expressing 8 times a day either.The thought makes me want to pour myself a very large glass of red!

You have breastfed and continue to do so. Good for you girl. Enjoy your baby. Mine is nearly 1 and I can't believe it's all happened so fast,even faster than with his sister.

chipmonkey Thu 23-Jun-05 12:01:09

starlover, what about Nanny goats milk formula? Goats milk is supposed to be closer to breastnmilk than cows.

starlover Thu 23-Jun-05 12:23:02

thanks moondog.. i feel like i've done all i can now, so it's time to just relax and enjoy LInus without worrying about how he is fed.

chipmonkey.. is nanny goat formula available from shops? or would i need to order it from somewhere?

chipmonkey Thu 23-Jun-05 12:25:39

Starlover, its available in supermarkets here but I'm in Ireland. also the health food shops like Holland and Barrett do it here so they should in the UK too, I would think.

starlover Thu 23-Jun-05 12:27:12

ok thanks... am going shopping in a bit so will check it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now