Talk

Advanced search

aaaaarrrgggghhhh!!! Just need to vent...

(3 Posts)
stanausauruswrecks Wed 11-Nov-09 12:59:26

DD is nearly 6 months now, and becoming a complete pain in the arse to feed. She is having hardly any milk during the day, as she is far too nosey to stay latched on for more than 2 or three sucks. I've tried feeding in a darkened room, but even the noise of the traffic outside has her off, desperate to find out what is happening. The result of all this is that she's feeding 2 hourly during the nighth.I have a 3yr old to entertain during the day, so no chance of sleep then. I'm turning into a narky bitch from hell I'm so tired.
I know, I should be grateful that I have such a healthy, curious baby, but at the moment,I'd give my left arm for a decent sleep (she won't take EBM from a bottle, so DH can't help out there!)Thanks for letting me vent...

thenameiwantedwastaken Wed 11-Nov-09 21:29:54

Oh no, I feel your pain! Well, a bit. My dd is 6 months too and is SO nosy, but luckily is usually okay at home if we are silent.

I was just trying to think how you could soundproof your room but not sure it would be an easy task! How about a hat with earflaps for baby? Or feeding her inside one of those breastfeeding sling things, or inside a tent/wendy house?

Hope she grows out of it soon, and that you get the sleep you need... (powernap on sofa in front of cbeebies?)

oldspeckledtam Thu 12-Nov-09 10:24:28

Will she be covered with a blanket? Or could you try a special BF toy that she only gets as she's feeding? Nothing too heavy though! (I tried a plastic microphone rattle and DS used it to beat me about the head as he fed.) Soft toys and none precious necklaces work well here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now