Talk

Advanced search

any other babies not wanting their milk today?

(12 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 18-Jun-05 14:45:42

DD took her normal feed at 7.30 this morning but at 11am she took 3 instead of her normal 6/7 ounces and she's now just taken 2 and a bit instead of her normal 5/6.
Just the heat do you think??

jessicasmummy Sat 18-Jun-05 14:53:52

i reckon.... jess was like that when she was on just milk.

now she is on 3 meals and milk, she's choosing the milk over food, but hey, as long as she's getting something.

Have you tried boiled water?

Gobbledigook Sat 18-Jun-05 14:54:42

Yes it will be the heat - just give her sips of water through the day to keep her hydrated.

mushbrain Sat 18-Jun-05 14:55:26

Probaly is just the heat, how old is dd?
My 14mth ds usually puts away a good 8-9 ounces at breakfast, today just 2 if that. He was the same last summer when he was only 3 mnths. If not taking milk, try her with cooled boiled water or diluted juice depending on age. It won't do her any harm to miss a couple of feeds or even a day on half feeds just make sure she is getting enough liquid in other ways. Is everything else ok?

mckenzie Sat 18-Jun-05 15:41:44

she's 14 weeks old. She seems happy enough so I'm not too concerned. I'll give the water a go instead. thanks for the postings.

kama Sat 18-Jun-05 16:21:31

Message withdrawn

Flossam Sat 18-Jun-05 16:35:01

Ds didn't want his lunch yesterday or today. Putting that down to the heat.

Flossam Sat 18-Jun-05 16:35:01

Ds didn't want his lunch yesterday or today. Putting that down to the heat.

ABow Sat 18-Jun-05 20:40:56

Experiencing the opposite! 3 week old dd has been b/f almost constantly today. Started at 6am and since then 10-15 min slurp followed by 30 min nap all day. I'm exhausted. Tried boiled water and she hates it. Now resorting to a formlua feed as I need a break!

mushbrain Sat 18-Jun-05 22:15:05

Abow, just a thought, my first hated water with a passion until I gave it at the temperature as you would a bottle and I smeared a bit of breast milk (I imagine formula would do) around the teat. At first it was a few more sips than he had been taking but gradually he started to take it well. Glad to hear you are taking a break, that breast feeding on demand is totally exhausting, especially when the little darlings sip and nap!

Tinker Sun 19-Jun-05 18:57:06

Bf baby has gone beserk this weekend - constant feeding, on-off fidgeting and no sleeping in the day. I am drained!

ABow Sun 19-Jun-05 19:54:17

Thanks mushbrain. I'll give that a go.

Tinker - I sympathise. Dd is worse today than yesterday but dh is being great and with me b/f, and him feeding ebm and formula he's helping me retain my sanity. As a distraction I've given her several baths today which seemed to help her calm down a bit. And they say July and August are going to hot...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now