Talk

Advanced search

Help, very painful boob!

(6 Posts)
PinkyPonkJuice Mon 09-Nov-09 20:38:40

I finished bfing about 8 days ago, before which I had been doing 1 (to occasionally 2) feeds a day.

Twice within the first few days I needed to express a little bit to make myself comfortable, each time about 1.5 oz from each side and since then I haven't needed to. All seemed fine until this weekend just gone when I noticed that one boob is really sore to touch and the inside seems to have gone quite hard. If anything knocks my nipple it REALLY hurts.

Any ideas what this might be and what I should do? FWIW I'm about 8 - 9 wks pregnant and my other boob seems to have returned to normal with no problem.

Help!

PinkyPonkJuice Mon 09-Nov-09 21:19:10

bump? any ideas?

asuwere Mon 09-Nov-09 21:21:54

could it be a bit of mastitis? Have you tried expressing to see if that relieves it? Only other thing to suggest is hot/cold compress to try and give a bit of relief.

shonaspurtle Mon 09-Nov-09 21:22:21

Blocked duct(s)? Mastitis? Is there any redness? Is it hot to touch?

Ibruprofen can help with inflamation and pain but I'm not sure you can take it if you're pg.

asuwere Mon 09-Nov-09 21:28:56

ibuprofen is ok in pregnancy (see link)

PinkyPonkJuice Mon 09-Nov-09 21:35:14

Thanks guys, I'd tried to express and had no luck but will try with a hot flannel and see if I get anywhere, I hadn't thought of that.
My boob isn't red or hot, just solid, hoping just a blocked duct - never had mastitis and really don't want to get it now!
Thanks guys, was having mild panic there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now