Talk

Advanced search

Can mastitis infection be passed on to DD?

(4 Posts)
sjcmum Mon 09-Nov-09 14:25:13

GP diagnosed mastitis this morning, and I have had a temp since yesterday evening. DD seemed fine, but then this morning was really clingy, and quite rapidly after lunch seemed to get shivery, and now has a temp of 38.3. Is this just a coincidence or can the infection be passed on?

She's had calpol and is now asleep.... will keep on feeding her - but slightly worried....

fruitpastille Mon 09-Nov-09 15:08:47

I've had it 3 times and was always urged not to stop feeding so I'm sure you can't but maybe phone gp if worried? Hope you are both better soon!

tiktok Mon 09-Nov-09 15:10:24

sjcmum - no, you cannot pass on mastitis.

The only thing I can think might be happening is that you are ill with another pathogen, and this has also affected your dd as she has picked it up from the same source.

Agree that speaking to doc would be useful to put your mind at rest.

sjcmum Tue 10-Nov-09 19:58:40

Thanks - spoke to my mum (retired GP) and she said the same.... must just be coincidence on the timing..... after a day and a half of being miserable, she seems a little better - so let's hope she's on the med.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now