Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

12 week old bf baby now feeding 6/7 times in the night...HELP!

(7 Posts)
HeinzSight Mon 09-Nov-09 10:33:55

She was feeding just twice in the night and then very easy to settle back to sleep.

She's now having loads of long feeds and is harder to settle, I'M EXHAUSTED!

Is this a typical growth spurt time and how long is it likely to last?

tasmaniandevilchaser Mon 09-Nov-09 10:49:02

You have my sympathies, I remember that time well, it is a growth spurt. Get lots of milk into her during the day and get lots of rest. Can you get DH to get her up in the morning while you have a lie-in? At least at the weekend?

Can't really give you an answer on how long it lasts.... a week?

HeinzSight Mon 09-Nov-09 12:09:20

thanks for that tas smile I was really thinking it could be a growth spurt. Also she's started dribbling a lot and chewing on her fist so I'm wondering if she's teething too. How long do these growth spurts on average last? <hopeful emoticon>

tasmaniandevilchaser Mon 09-Nov-09 12:57:45

sounds just my dd! she started teething around that time, I didn't believe it could start that early, but it did. It was a difficult time for us, she was very very unsettled. You probably don't want to know how long our 'unsettled' phase lasted, but growth spurts tend to last a few days. Hope that it passes soon!

HeinzSight Mon 09-Nov-09 16:18:02

<faints>

MrsSantosisbored Mon 09-Nov-09 16:21:45

12 weeks - she has been reading the books about growth spurts grin. My sympathies. If she is otherwise well and you are not in pain then remember it will settle down. Can you feed lying down to maximise your rest? Oh and make sure you eat cake - 7 times a night equals lots of extra cake grin

HeinzSight Mon 09-Nov-09 20:32:45

LOL Mrs Santosisbored grin

I do lie down whilst feeding her, thank goodness she's used to doing that. I don't think I'd be able to function at all if I wasn't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now