Talk

Advanced search

My little EBM guzzler - how much do you give?

(2 Posts)
Longtalljosie Sat 07-Nov-09 07:03:15

My 11 week old DD has had an EBM night feed from DH since she was about 7 weeks old. We started with 4 fl oz after looking at a calculator tool on the internet. Soon she was draining it and not full so I was having to get up and finish off. So the next night I'd express an extra fluid ounce, she'd be happy, and we'd continue at that level until she was again showing signs of not being full - whereupon I'd up it again.

We're now giving her 7 fluid ounces - and once again she seems to need more. I'll start expressing 8 for her - but the damn bottle only goes up to 9 and the Kellymom website seems to think the upper range for an exclusively BF baby on 6 feeds a day is 5! shock

Is anyone else giving their baby this much / more than me?

MaximumNoisePollution Sat 07-Nov-09 10:09:29

Current baby i am caring for is on 8 feeds, 1 is a ebm feed and the calculator said ~2ozs, she has 3ozs/90mls and is ok, she feeds every 2½-3 in the day with final feed at 2330 and wakes around 3-4am has ebm and then often sellps 4-5 hrs on it. But on 80mls she wakes after 3 hrs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now