Talk

Advanced search

why can she only latch on for an audience

(3 Posts)
ellliebelle Fri 06-Nov-09 21:11:20

DD2 is almost 9 weeks old and is ebf things got off to a bit of a rocky start then seemed to sort themselves out.

She now has a bad cough and is rather sniffly (been to docs nothing can be done) and her latch is no longer right. i am in pain when feeding and she is taking a hell of a lot of air in which is causing issues settling her because of wind.

I go to baby cafe which i have found useful so i got my latch checked and surprise surprise she latched perfectly first time, I got a few pointers about positioning and felt happy.

Then as soon as we got home I just can not get her on right. I really dont know what im doing wrong and this coupled with other child related issues is really getting me down and tearing me between wanting to carry on bfing or give it up.

SarfEasticated Fri 06-Nov-09 22:50:18

Hi there, just wondered if your sitting postion is different at the Baby Cafe? mine had me sitting on a firm chair with a boppy pillow on my lap, made it much easier....

ellliebelle Fri 06-Nov-09 23:23:40

hi now you come to mention it i was sat on a low sofa with my feet flat on the floor and dd2 directly on my knee, at home i have tried with and without pillows on my knee nothing seems to work, i dont sit with my feet on the floor though as sofa and chairs are quite high

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now