Talk

Advanced search

Help - going back to work in 5 days!

(4 Posts)
Novmama Wed 04-Nov-09 21:53:25

Reluctantly returning to work on Monday - working 3 days (Mon/Tues/Thur)but haven't reduced amount of bf. DD nearly 1year and recently feeding a lot - teething I guess? What should I do? Is there time? Don't want to express/store at work etc. Any advice/experience of this?

ThePinkOne Wed 04-Nov-09 22:20:40

I think at this age you can expect your supply to adjust to feeding her when you're with her and not (and not expressing) while you're at work. Will she have drinks from a cup or bottle during the day?

Novmama Thu 05-Nov-09 18:52:32

Just water from her cup. Not tried any other liquids to date. She is very clingy at being left this week during settling in sessions and seems to what me/milk an awful lot.

beanbearer Sat 07-Nov-09 21:14:01

It's a tough time for both of you while you're adjusting but at least at nearly 12 months, your supply will adapt to it. You may find you get full to bursting the first few days but weirdly your body then seems to get into the swing of it so you can feed as you always do on non-working days but not bother expressing (if you don't want to) at work. If there's a fridge, you could always put a bottle in a plastic bag so no one knew what was in it (if the brazen option of writing - "breastmilk - not for tea" on it isn't for you!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now