Talk

Advanced search

Am I a freak of nature?

(8 Posts)
neolara Tue 03-Nov-09 13:05:33

While bf my 8 week old dc3 the other day I noticed that I have about 5 or 6 holes in my areola (the brown area around the nipple) which leak milk when I bf. I hadn't noticed before, despite bf two other children for a year each. It's only on one side.

Is this normal, or am I just a bit weird? I'm not worried by the way, just interested.

Bubbaluv Tue 03-Nov-09 13:07:58

Did you think that the milk just came out the end of your nipple?

neolara Tue 03-Nov-09 13:11:49

I did think that initially, but it's definitely not the case. If I press my boob, milk is expressed from the nipple and also from all these little holes. Very odd!

FreeTheGuidoOne Tue 03-Nov-09 13:15:52

Google reveals that it does happen to others so if you're a freak then so are other bfers too. grin

postal Tue 03-Nov-09 13:16:21

normal. I had this too

postal Tue 03-Nov-09 13:17:03

actually I also had a point just outside my areola where milk would bubble as well

FreeTheGuidoOne Tue 03-Nov-09 13:17:17

One woman on another forum claims to have a duct in her armpit... Now if we're fashioning a bfing freak award, I think she beats you.

FreeTheGuidoOne Tue 03-Nov-09 13:20:27

Further googling reveals that most women have ducts there that are capable of producing milk, but most don't. Been feeding dd for 2.6yrs and never knew that.

Every day's a school day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now