Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a sling for breastfeeding in?

(6 Posts)
GhoulsAreLoud Tue 03-Nov-09 11:55:07

A sling really didn't appeal to me with DD, I've got a bad shoulder and back and didn't fancy all 9 pounds 11 of my DD hanging off me while I tried to get on with things.

Anyway...DD was one of those constant breastfeeders and I'm already worrying that number 2 will be like this and that I won't feel I have time to b/f the newborn whilst looking after DD.

Can anyone recommend a sling for b/fing? Am thinking really for just around the house so I can be a bit hands on with DD. Does it have to be a ring sling? WHere woudl I get one?

Thanks.

ChairmumMiaow Tue 03-Nov-09 11:58:06

Try to find a local sling meet because you'll want to try different things out.

Some people like ring slings (I do to feed in) others can feed in wraps. Others prefer pouches because there is no adjusting to do. It also depends on your boob shape/size as to what will be most comfortable for you.

Whatever you pick will probably take some practice, but if you can find a sling meet there should be someone who has done it before and can advise you.

Hope that helps!

ChairmumMiaow Tue 03-Nov-09 11:58:43

sling meet

heartofgold Tue 03-Nov-09 11:58:47

close carrier good for this - 2 stretchy ring slings so spreads weight well across back/shoulders and has good adjustment for bf positioning. have used a million slings, close was only one i mastered bf on the move with.

GhoulsAreLoud Tue 03-Nov-09 12:12:34

THanks guys, close carrier looks good

BertieBotts Tue 03-Nov-09 17:30:08

A wrap sling, mei tai or something like the close carrier is over 2 shoulders so should be better than a ring sling or pouch if you have got a bad shoulder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now