Talk

Advanced search

Suwoo's tiny bf baby is now a fat formula guzzler

(10 Posts)
suwoo Tue 03-Nov-09 10:35:36

BF has now ended completely sad but thats another story and one which I have not fully come to terms with but...

DS2 has put on so much weight and he is drinking shit loads of formula, I am finding it so much more of a pain in the arse than bf.

He is having 10 bottles a day and drinking around 60 oz shock.

He is 14 weeks and is still feeding every 2 hours shock.

2 weeks ago he put on 14 oz, last week he put on 19 oz, so 33 in 2 weeks which is more than he'd put on in his first 12 weeks.

Do I just carry on like this? I'm being advised not to use hungry baby milk. He is visibly growing over night grin

PyrotechnicToadstool Tue 03-Nov-09 11:08:17

Suwoo - I am really sorry that BFing has ended for you but I just wanted to say I have never seen so much determination and hard work - you are really inspiring and I think you should be really proud of yourself. I hope to god that doesn't sound patronising as it's the last thing I mean, I am just in awe of what you've done blush

I've no idea on the amounts of formula but I do remember my DS just chunking out at around 12 weeks, suddenly he had about 3 chins and chunky wrists grin

GhoulsAreLoud Tue 03-Nov-09 11:14:42

Glad to hear he is putting on weight now suwoo, you must be relieved.

I would stay away fron hungry baby milk, personally. It's always seemed a bit dodgy to me. He's probably just making up for lost time and will settle down too.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 03-Nov-09 11:27:32

Another one who just wants to say well done for perservering for so long and an even bigger well done for finding the courage and strength to move on.

Try not to be sad - you did everything you could and your ds sounds like he is much healthier, happier and chunkier smile

I'm no expert, but it sounds like he's just got some catching up to do so I'd be inclined to carry on as you are for a few weeks and hopefully things will settle down.

squashimodo Tue 03-Nov-09 11:52:15

I also want to say that you have donw so well to get this far, and as your ds is puttingon so much weight on formula then you obviously made the right decision.
I had to ff my ds2 from a similar age because he was listless and losing weight, and the same thing happened with him. Just give your dc lots of extra cuddles, which I am sure you do anyway smile
If he is happy and thriving then you are doing extremely well.

mrsjuan Tue 03-Nov-09 13:49:57

shock I can't believe how much he's taking or how much he's put on! As others have said he's probably just got some catching up to do. DD put on 12 oz in her first week of having bottles but since then it's been more like 4 oz.

I guess if it carries on and you are worried about him taking too much you could try giving him a bit of water in between feeds or maybe a dummy but at the moment it sounds like he needs the milk and is doing well on it.

I take it he's having 6oz per feed? Will he take a bit more in the hope of going a bit longer?
<she says, dreaming of the day that DD will take 6oz!>

I'm sure it will settle down soon but it must be exhausting! 10 bottles shock

mrsjuan Tue 03-Nov-09 13:52:25

btw suwoo - I am dying to know what you dress your DC in at night (from the sleep thread wink)

pigletmania Tue 03-Nov-09 15:19:01

Suwoo what happened to the bf, i was following you when you were pg with your ds.

suwoo Tue 03-Nov-09 15:42:41

Piglet, there are loads of threads on it in this topic sad

Mrsjuan, that is ages old shock I think I was referring to DS1 wearing pyjamas, gro bag and winter weight single duvet. He doesn't wear the gro bag anymore though.

I offer him 7oz but he normally takes between 5-7. His biggest intake has been 62 oz shock

He shot into 3-6 months from newborn over the space of a couple of days.

Thanks again to everyone for all your lovely comments- hopefully my efforts have inspired people to persevere.

pigletmania Tue 03-Nov-09 16:50:22

ok suwoo i am sad for you, but at least you gave it a good shot, i feel sad when i had to resort to ff but now i feel ok about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now