Talk

Advanced search

Still getting sick and nearly 6 months???

(8 Posts)
StShakey Fri 30-Oct-09 20:51:30

Good evening all...

Please can anyone help with this? My DS is nearly 6mo, and is fully BF. He's now also having 3 good meals a day (still working on the sleeping through the night thing, but we'll get there!)

Anyway... he's always been a really sicky bubba (a total shock after first DS who hardly ever got sick after a BF!) but I expected all that to pass after a few months. However, he still gets really sick after his BF.

Has anyone else experienced this???

Thanks in advance x

GruffaloMama Fri 30-Oct-09 21:08:36

Hi - my DS was sicky after BFs until he was about 12 months. It seemed to stop instantly when he turned one. His cousin was exactly the same. V odd but I sort of miss the muslins now...

StShakey Fri 30-Oct-09 21:11:08

Phew! Thank you! We're not alone... x

Gmakes3 Fri 30-Oct-09 22:12:41

Hi, same here, DD was sick twice in the whole time I BF (2 years). DS is 6 months and is a sick machine, I am constantley changing clothes and smelling of sick, happy days.

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 01-Nov-09 21:23:30

He could be milk intolerant. It's surprisingly common. Only way to tell would be for you to give up all dairy in your diet, and obv not to give him any dairy in his solids. If you do this for 2 weeks and it is the cause then you should see a clear improvement.

StShakey Sun 01-Nov-09 21:54:05

D'you know... I wondered about this...My DH suggested giving DS formula for a few days and continuing to express. Don't think I could express for two weeks though! Giving up all dairy would be okay. Hard, but worth finding out I guess. He's absolutely not bothered at all by his getting sick. And we've reached the stage where we look through the wardrobe each morning, see various clothes with vomit on them, and actually convince ourselves they're still clean!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 02-Nov-09 07:57:10

formula is made from cows' milk, so def don't do that unless you have a tin of hypoallergenic formula like nutramigen or neocate!

StShakey Mon 02-Nov-09 08:43:17

I'm attempting the dairy free diet. I'm stubborn, so should manage it! Wish me luck?

St.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now