Talk

Advanced search

Stopping breastfeeding....OUCH! Boobies!

(3 Posts)
Discodolly100 Fri 30-Oct-09 11:45:00

After 11 amazing months I have decided now is the time to stop feeding my princess. I was down to one feed; then I cut that to expressing just once a day for a few days, so try to get my body used to it. I havent expressed for about 5 days now. I'm not engorged, BUT my boobs are hard and lumpy. Not really sure what to do with myself... does anybody know how long this lasts for? Should I express a bit to relieve them, or will that just make things worse? I don't have mastitis (had that before) but, it's getting a bit uncomfortable. Not sure how long the milk takes to get "absorbed" back into the body? I did the same thing when I fed my son previously, but I don't remember my boobs ever being like this... I'm longing to sleep on my front again haha! Any advice?

luciemule Fri 30-Oct-09 16:43:30

You may have slightly blocked ducts - I would express a little every now and again but for no more than about 30 secs a time (so as not to stimulate more supply).

Discodolly100 Mon 02-Nov-09 11:41:44

Ah thank you - I will try that. I was worried about stimulating more milk but that's a good tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now