Talk

Advanced search

5.5 week old baby sleeping (and therefore not feeding) for 7 or 8 hours at night. Should I be worried?

(6 Posts)
EyeOfFrogSpawnChorus Fri 30-Oct-09 09:45:34

In the last week he's had a couple of nights of sleeping for about 7 or 8 hours on the trot. He woke up snuffling a bit so I lay him next to me for a feed but we both dropped off. He's had a bit of a cold which I suppose might make him a bit more sleepy than usual.

He was very large at birth, so maybe he has a big enough tummy for a feed to last him through the night? Should I try hassling him a bit more during the night?

Reallytired Fri 30-Oct-09 09:48:29

Enjoy it!

Don't brag too much your make the rest of us jelous. envy

Anyway you may find that sleeping through is short lived when teething starts. I hope your luck continues.

Lexilicious Fri 30-Oct-09 09:48:32

I wouldn't worry. I had the same with my boy at about this age (9lb5 at birth) - asked the HV and she said it's good, he's obviously getting enough to eat during the day.

It won't last, mind... grin but enjoy it while it does!

EyeOfFrogSpawnChorus Fri 30-Oct-09 13:23:46

Ha ha! I did wonder after posting whether it sounded a bit "my diamond shoes are too tight" grin

And yes, I know from bitter experience that "sleeping through" is all too temporary. It's the flip side of "this too shall pass".

Maz34 Fri 30-Oct-09 15:34:51

I wouldnt worry my dd was sleeping from 6pm until 5am at 8 weeks, and since then has been doing 6pm-7.30am sleeps. told the hv who said I should be waking her up to feed her...BUT she is gaining weight and everything else is fine. If she is hungry she will wake up and cry, if she doesn't ehn not hungry so let sleeping babies sleep.

we are just lucky (sorry everyone else)

GhoulsafraidofVirginiaWoolf Fri 30-Oct-09 15:38:02

If he is otherwise well (bar snuffles), alert at times and growing, pooing, weeing then enjoy, enjoy, enjoy envy. Probably won't last but make the most of the extra rest grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now