Talk

Advanced search

Hospital grade pump versus swing and mini electric

(6 Posts)
suwoo Thu 29-Oct-09 22:02:56

Got a hospital grade pump today and its crap! My swing is sooo much better. Have I set it up wrong maybe? Its this one.

What do people think that have tried one?

Ewe Thu 29-Oct-09 22:04:35

I used that pump and found it excellent, much better than the swing, really missed it when I went home!

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 22:05:56

i think i'm right in saying that the hospital pumps are the same as a really good quality domestic one, but the parts are built to last repeated use. i think the suck is much the same. the mini electric ime was shite as it was sooooooooooooooooooo noisy.

expressing's a bugger, isn't it? how are you coping?

suwoo Thu 29-Oct-09 22:25:12

It doesn't seem to have much suction even when on max. Got literally nothing from either side. Just got 2 oz from one in same time.

Don't really mind expressing but only doing it 3 times a day- bottle feeding is harder- I'm hating that sad

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 29-Oct-09 23:03:13

I've followed everything you've been going through and wanted to offer my support and admiration for what you're doing. It could be that the new pump works in a slightly different way and will take a while to get used to. I've just replaced my old and very noisy lactaline for a new one, exactly the same model. It has taken me a few days to adjust and I really felt like it had less suction. Today after a couple of days I seem to have got used to it and am now getting as much milk as usual. It's weird though because this new pump feels less 'sucky' and I don't get that kind of pinchy let-down feeling I was getting before - however my last pump a few minutes ago I got about 4oz from my usually quite weedy left breast which never normally produces more than 2oz. I also have a medela mini electric and didn't get on with that at all. Hope it all settles down for you.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 29-Oct-09 23:06:03

just to add have you checked all of the pump parts, especially the little valve bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now