Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

LLL meetings in London ??

(8 Posts)
ricecake Wed 15-Jun-05 15:48:21

I know I should be asking this question from LLL and not on this website, but I have left them a couple of messages on the phone before, and received no response. Does that mean there are no meetings in London ?

I live in the Barnet, North London area. My DS is nearly a year old and I still haven't managed to find out whether there are meetings nearby that I can attend. I am terribly keen and would like to become a LLL breastfeeding adviser (eventually).

Could someone give me the tel. no or email address of a LLL leader so that I can try to attend some meetings ?

Thanks very much.

bundle Wed 15-Jun-05 15:51:03

i used to go to some but they were a bit far from you - meeting in homes as far afield as hackney and maida vale. they were v interesting meeting and i became a member for a year, though gave up when i returned to work as their meetings are always on one of my work days.

ricecake Thu 16-Jun-05 16:40:56

Thanks bundle - I have given up on calling them as they never return my calls when I leave a message and it's always an answer phone. I have emailed them today and will hopefully get a response : )

bundle Fri 17-Jun-05 09:34:11

i'll dig out my contacts for you if you have no joy

ricecake Sat 18-Jun-05 19:41:30

I am becoming increasingly disappointed with LLL UK. I have a friend in Japan who goes to their meetings there and is very active. I can't even get someone to call me back after more than 6 months of trying. Today the email I sent them came back with an error message. So even their email address doesn't function.

I find this extremely upsetting as I am so keen to contribute. Is it any wonder breastfeeding rates in the UK are low when organisations who are set up to help women are this inefficient ?

Bundle - I am beginning to wonder whether it's worth bothering you or any one else with this. If you can find a contact no. easily, I would be grateful. Please don't waste too much time though. Thanks again.

mandyc66 Sat 18-Jun-05 23:13:28

what is lll or am I being dumb?

ricecake Sun 19-Jun-05 15:41:19

La Leche League

mandyc66 Sun 19-Jun-05 19:05:35

oh yes...I was being dumb!!!thanks anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now