Talk

Advanced search

LLL meetings in London ??

(8 Posts)
ricecake Wed 15-Jun-05 15:48:21

I know I should be asking this question from LLL and not on this website, but I have left them a couple of messages on the phone before, and received no response. Does that mean there are no meetings in London ?

I live in the Barnet, North London area. My DS is nearly a year old and I still haven't managed to find out whether there are meetings nearby that I can attend. I am terribly keen and would like to become a LLL breastfeeding adviser (eventually).

Could someone give me the tel. no or email address of a LLL leader so that I can try to attend some meetings ?

Thanks very much.

bundle Wed 15-Jun-05 15:51:03

i used to go to some but they were a bit far from you - meeting in homes as far afield as hackney and maida vale. they were v interesting meeting and i became a member for a year, though gave up when i returned to work as their meetings are always on one of my work days.

ricecake Thu 16-Jun-05 16:40:56

Thanks bundle - I have given up on calling them as they never return my calls when I leave a message and it's always an answer phone. I have emailed them today and will hopefully get a response : )

bundle Fri 17-Jun-05 09:34:11

i'll dig out my contacts for you if you have no joy

ricecake Sat 18-Jun-05 19:41:30

I am becoming increasingly disappointed with LLL UK. I have a friend in Japan who goes to their meetings there and is very active. I can't even get someone to call me back after more than 6 months of trying. Today the email I sent them came back with an error message. So even their email address doesn't function.

I find this extremely upsetting as I am so keen to contribute. Is it any wonder breastfeeding rates in the UK are low when organisations who are set up to help women are this inefficient ?

Bundle - I am beginning to wonder whether it's worth bothering you or any one else with this. If you can find a contact no. easily, I would be grateful. Please don't waste too much time though. Thanks again.

mandyc66 Sat 18-Jun-05 23:13:28

what is lll or am I being dumb?

ricecake Sun 19-Jun-05 15:41:19

La Leche League

mandyc66 Sun 19-Jun-05 19:05:35

oh yes...I was being dumb!!!thanks anyway

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: