Talk

Advanced search

Come and describe your experiences of nursing strikes and how you overcame them...

(10 Posts)
HeinzSight Thu 29-Oct-09 16:15:48

I'm desperately trying to work out what's going on with my 11 week old DD2.

Would be helpful to compare symptoms smile

HeinzSight Thu 29-Oct-09 16:33:50

Where is everyone.........

sad

bedlambeast Thu 29-Oct-09 19:48:48

Message withdrawn

HeinzSight Thu 29-Oct-09 20:23:39

Thanks bedlambeast. I'm worried that the occasional bottle of ebm she's been having at bedtime is making her go off the breast?

suwoo Thu 29-Oct-09 21:57:57

Have messaged you on fb with my experience.

Bumping for you

WUGYouLETMeBiteYourNeck Thu 29-Oct-09 22:11:24

Don't think you want my experience.
DS is 17months.
Has had 5 strikes - 3 of 4-5 days one of 19 days and one of 17 days and counting.....
Basically don't do what I do

OK ignore the self pitying stuff.
Thinking of the ones he had when he was younger.....
He would cry and fight at the breast
Did not want to lie in a nursing position
Would cheerfully down cups and bottles of EBM.

I tend to have plenty of skin to skin, try not to make a big deal of wanting to feed, definitely don't try to force feeding.

As your DD is so little have you tried latching her on when she is asleep?

Hope things sort themselves out for you

suwoo Thu 29-Oct-09 22:26:45

Mine latches on when sleepy or when I use nipple shields to trick him that it's a bottle.

bedlambeast Thu 29-Oct-09 22:46:00

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolatecookie Thu 29-Oct-09 22:48:51

DS did this at 15 weeks, for two days refused all feeds - was getting nothing into him. Resorted to squirty sterile water into his mouth with a syringe to avoid dehydration. Pulled off/bit each time. Still have no idea why. Was in absolutely bits with worry. No-one could offer any help. But it ended suddenly and he drained my (by then gigantuan) boobs and nursed for two solid hours!

HeinzSight Fri 30-Oct-09 13:36:55

thanks for email and bump suwoo smile

I do honestly think that the odd bottle of ebm is to blame.

Yesterday she was really fussing during the day, whereas she'd previously been fine during the day.

She doesn't seem too keen on me sitting down to feed, so have to walk around feeding her <bad back emoticon>.

Last wk she had a ear infection, so I guess another theory might be she's associating the pain she was experiencing with being held in the cradle hold last wk with feeding now. She's happier in teh rugby hold or like I say, being walked around in cradle hold.

So, I've ditched the bottle (figuratively) and am giving her Coleif and Infant Gaviscon in expressed milk via a syringe after each feed.

Question for those of you who've used gavison in breastfed babies, does it make their poo more like playdough? I've noticed a definite change in her nappies since she started the gaviscon yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now