Talk

Advanced search

Hot Milk bras hand wash only?

(13 Posts)
BertieBotts Thu 29-Oct-09 11:24:23

I'm sure lots of you have Hot Milk bras, could someone please tell me, is it safe to wash them in the washing machine? It says hand wash only on it, but I can't see any reason why it should be - it's not underwired.

Who has time to hand wash things with a small baby anyway??

Scorps Thu 29-Oct-09 11:37:32

I have some and machine wash them on my 30c 30 minute cycle with other not really dirty things iyswim. No harm has come to them at all.

pecanpie Thu 29-Oct-09 11:55:19

was so intrigued by the subject that i've just had to look up Hot Milk. How gorgeous! Will be sending hints to DH in preparation for DC2!!

JustAnotherManicMummy Thu 29-Oct-09 12:00:45

I like the assumption that we're all wearing Hot Milk and looking goddess like smile

I have one HM bra (for special occassions only of course wink) and I had no idea it shouldn't go in the machine. It's been round a few times on a 40 degree normal wash and still looks good. The little bit of diamonte tat has fallen off the front but that is no bad thing IMO.

MrsMotMot Thu 29-Oct-09 13:11:09

I have them and actually did handwash them at first <crackers emoticon> but came to my senses, threw them in the machine, never any hotter than 40C and they have been fine.

cupcake75 Thu 29-Oct-09 15:35:31

I wash mine in the machine. Usually on a delicates or woollen cycle and they're still looking good.

BertieBotts Thu 29-Oct-09 17:27:57

Good to know I can do them at 40 Thanks!

I would do them at 30 but the only 30 cycle on my machine is a useless delicates one which only spins at half speed so it all comes out dripping. It's a very old non-eco friendly machine!

Drives me mad how clothing labels are all overcautious. All Next stuff says wash at 30 now, and I got caught out and accidentally put DP's lambswool jacket in at 40 with the rest - it shrunk blush

HalloweenIsSofaKingScary Thu 29-Oct-09 18:45:31

I wash mine at 40.

My diamonte tat has not fallen off yet - but I'm working on it.

JustAnotherManicMummy Thu 29-Oct-09 18:52:13

grin Halloween

It has saved me the trouble of snipping it off. Just the bit on the pants to go - but they're in the machine now so with a bit of luck...

<disclaimer: It is a particularly large and cheap addition on an otherwise very classy looking set>

Faifly Thu 29-Oct-09 19:58:08

he-he don't tell bra manufacturers but I wash all my underwear in the washing machine and all of it is of the fancy-sexy-lacy variety wink. So long as it's 30 degrees or so, gentle cycle (say delicates or silk/wool), slower spin (I never set mine to over 800 per min anyway) and a gentle detergent (there's more use in baby detergents than you think! wink) it's absolutely fine. I also always use a laundry bag. Has to be said tho I pull the wires out of my bras - just hate wires can't understand how anyone can walk around with a metal spike up their underarm all da long! Never had any problems with bras losing shape without the wiring either, that bit of padded fabric the wire is sewn into does the job.
Pecanpie, have a look at becheeky com and zodee co uk they have better prices on HOTmilk than most other sites I've seen and becheeky also has one sale or another going on pretty much all the time (that's recession for you - grab customer by the leg! grin)

Faifly Thu 29-Oct-09 20:00:31

BTW don't trust labels anyway - if you wash at 40 or below you don't even need to bother sorting colours unless some of the clothes are brand new, those will sometimes run the first couple of times

LentilsRMe Thu 29-Oct-09 20:14:15

I wash all my HotMilk (I have several wink on 40 deg, standard cotton cycle 1400 spin. They are fine!

I do not have time to do hand washing hmm

belindarose Fri 30-Oct-09 19:51:41

Mine go in the tumble dryer too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now