Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sudden change in poo colour, what does this mean?

(5 Posts)
willowstar Tue 27-Oct-09 21:14:40

Hello

My little girl is 4 weeks old today. Since she hit 3 weeks she has suddenly started to vomit a lot. I have spoken to HV and I am going to GP tomorrow as she thinks she has reflux.

However...since Saturday her poo has very suddenly changed from browny korma poo (sorry but it does descibe it well!) to...well...pesto like poo. Greeny and grainy.

There is lots of it, I just wondered if anyone could tell me what is going on and if it is related to the sudden surge in vomiting?

ninja Tue 27-Oct-09 21:21:46

Asd I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies saying, green poo is often too much foremilk (the first milk that comes out). Have you been switching sides?

If she's vomitting I guess she might be thirsty and so taking a lot of foremilk.

I'm sure more knowledgable people will come along

willowstar Tue 27-Oct-09 21:25:56

thanks. Yes, she feeds and feeds and feeds so has both sides several times at each sessions. I am having problems with supply on one side so I am emphasising that side more by offering it first at each feed...maybe that is why?

Interesting...my HV said it is because she has colic (well the HV thinks she has colic, I am not so sure).

Poor little thing, we have had a fair struggle getting to week 4 with the breast feeding, Dr's suggesting I give her formula because she has been slow to gain weight etc...I would hate to think she isn't getting enough of the fatty stuff now :-(

smallorange Tue 27-Oct-09 21:30:31

Mine had green poos - it seemed to be linked to colic. I guess it's just a case of checking your latch to ensure she isn't taking in too much aircwhen she feeds. Mine was also vomity and uncomfortable. Is there a bf clinic near you who can advise?

Lio Tue 27-Oct-09 21:32:03

Have you started taking a vitamin supplement or similar suddenly? That's what mine was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now