Talk

Advanced search

daft question but can i dye my hair?

(5 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Mon 26-Oct-09 20:48:13

im breastfeeding ds2 is it ok to dye my scraggley greys?

SCARYspicemonster Mon 26-Oct-09 20:54:00

Yes

Gemzooks Mon 26-Oct-09 22:40:00

I would think twice. There is some majorly nasty stuff in some hair dyes. in germany there's some lab you can have your breast milk tested, because it contains quite a few chemicals such as brominated flame retardants from your mattress etc. I would seriously cut down on your exposure to anything potentially harmful while bf... another example would be garden pesticides, shoe cleaner, hairsprays etc.

exbrummie Tue 27-Oct-09 14:26:47

I would think twice as well but for a different reason(hormones)I had a perm when ds was about 5 months and was breastfeeding,it turned into a mass of frizz which I am convinced was due to the hormones as it had never happened before.They say don't have a perm or colour your hair in pregnancy as the hormones may have a strange effect.You don't want your hair to turn green or something!

DiazePam Tue 27-Oct-09 17:08:11

Oh come on, seriously do people do that? Get your milk tested???? Who on earth would do such a thing and what could you possibly do about it anyway?

It's absolutely fine to colour your hair BTW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now