Talk

Advanced search

rejecting bottle 4months old - onto cup?

(5 Posts)
scrunchie Mon 26-Oct-09 13:36:34

Rather than having to experiment with different teats can a nearly 4monther be expected to manage EBM from a cup eg Doidy cup?

Also thinking of introducing a FF as getting fed up, don't mind moving on to mixed feeding at 4month stage, can a cup be used for FF?

TIA x

Loosingmymind Mon 26-Oct-09 14:56:18

Hi, I started to move my DS onto formula when he was 5 months and he refused bottles but took it fine from a cup. He was drinking water from it just before he was 4 months old.

Have you tried a bottle or cup?

scrunchie Mon 26-Oct-09 17:40:33

Have tried bottle - was fine with it - but not done it for a while and now won't take it!

Loosingmymind Mon 26-Oct-09 18:06:01

If I was you I would just try DC with a cup and see how it goes smile.

DD uses a bottle rather than a cup for her milk and I found it alot easier with DS using a cup tbh.

IslandIsla Mon 26-Oct-09 20:35:07

My DD wouldn't take a bottle so I started introducing a cup at 4 months. Now she is 7 months and can drink from it on her own. I tried a Doidy but it was so messy so I used the Tommee Tippee first cup (free flow) and she gets on well with it. I'd definitely recommend going straight to a cup. I found trying the bottle so stressful (I have a cupboard full of different teats/bottles!) but DD was always eager and curious about the cup. When I tried it to start with I did it when she wasn't hungry, in addition to her usual feeds so there was no pressure to get her to drink, or 'give in' with the boobs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now