Talk

Advanced search

I have just bought a second hand Medela Mini Electric Pump. What do i need to buy now?

(11 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 25-Oct-09 12:24:04

What bits should I consider replacing?

Also, what extras do i need, such as bottles (it comes with one, but i obviously need more than that). How many would be good, can I buy generic/other makes to fit, can i buy bottles that I can screw teats straight on to, or should I put into freezer bags?

ThinkThinkThink Sun 25-Oct-09 13:26:10

I was given a Medela Mini with loads of spares - I'd happily send you a number of the 'trumpet' attachments and the little yellow bit that goes on them. Can spare at least one bottle too if you're interested?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 25-Oct-09 13:31:12

really? oh that would be so generous of you! I would be happy to pay for them, and postage too.

If you CAT me (my sub is out!) we can sort details, i have a paypal a/c.

smile smile

suwoo Sun 25-Oct-09 13:38:04

I had to buy a bigger flange (the bit that your nipple goes in) becasuse the stanard one was too small and was very painful and ineffective.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 25-Oct-09 13:40:09

i have small nipples, so hope that won't be a problem for me...but will check that out just in case, thanks for tip!

ThinkThinkThink Sun 25-Oct-09 13:42:41

You don't need to pay for them, I was given them for free myself, but I haven't subscribed to CAT (I hardly ever post on here). Don't really want to put my email address on here either - is there any other way to get in touch?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 25-Oct-09 13:45:25

Message withdrawn

TombliBOOOOOObs Sun 25-Oct-09 13:46:38

The fresh up kit on the website I linked to on your last thread is good value, as it has the complete new kit for £9.49

here

ThinkThinkThink Sun 25-Oct-09 13:48:08

got it - delete away and I'll email you.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 25-Oct-09 13:51:00

tombliboobs what a great site! Thanks for the link, i am now pleased I have bought second hand, seeing I can get all the relevant bits cheaply. The pump only cost me £15, used twice!

TombliBOOOOOObs Sun 25-Oct-09 19:18:02

It does make it a lot cheaper. I think the medela mini is really good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now