Talk

Advanced search

lopsided breasts

(4 Posts)
willowstar Fri 23-Oct-09 22:05:50

hello
i have been feeding for 3 wks and have developed very lopsided breasts. i have tried pumping the little one but not getting much. any tips? i look ridiculous like this and she is much happier feeding from the full one.

thanks

whomovedmychocolate Fri 23-Oct-09 22:08:53

Most people naturally have one side the baby prefers (at least to start with - no-one quite knows well) so that one will look bigger. You can help by making sure the smaller one gets fully drained (offer that one first). Or you might just naturally have differing sized boobs and breastfeeding is just exacerbating the issue. Don't worry, it does all even out by about four months

lindsaygii Fri 23-Oct-09 22:10:53

It will even out. Keep the baby using both to give both sides an even chance. Don't worry -- BFing is really weird and difficult to start with, then it suddenly gets okay and you can hardly remember the hard times.

In the meantime, wear loose tops!

Good luck and many hugs,

StillSaneJust Mon 26-Oct-09 08:27:17

There was another mum who had a question like yours. Someone posted a link which i think is helpful.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html

Also, breastfeeding does take a while to settle about 12 weeks, so stick with it!
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now