Talk

Advanced search

Getting bored with BF..HELP!!

(6 Posts)
KEAWYED Thu 22-Oct-09 21:55:28

My DS3 is 23 weeks old and I'm getting a bit dispondant with it.

Ive been poorly and struggled to feed him for a few days so he had formula as well.

He now has a formula feed at about 11am but I'm feeding him myself the rest of the time.

I do want to carry on and theres no reason not to but sometimes I just feel like I have had enough.

I did change an afternoon feed to formula for a couple of days but missed BF so changed it back.

Soory if this doesnt make much sense I just need a bit of encouragement to carry on

Thanks

preggersslaysandchops Thu 22-Oct-09 22:04:21

If you've been ill recently then its natural to feel down so its probably magnifying any negative feelings you have at the moment. I went through phases of being really up and down with it all as well, its all a bit of a slog at times but the good times make up for it overall.

And when they don't, no-one will judge you for stopping, but doesn't sound like you really want that just yet.

I don't know how to give you encouragement without sounding patronising, but you are doing really well!

KEAWYED Thu 22-Oct-09 22:10:08

Thanks preggers... I know with all 3 I have got fed up about 6 to 7 weeks old and battled through.

You dont sound patronising it's nice to hear someone saying well done.

MrsMotMot Fri 23-Oct-09 11:12:25

I go through phases where bf does my head in (and this would be magnified massively if you're not feeling well yourself!) and then all of a sudden I love it again. It's a relationship, isn't it? Some days are great, others are work.

When it was really bad (I had recurring thrush for the first 6 months, it was hell on earth!) I just thought, it's not about me, and looked at my DS who was getting the best possible start, and thriving.

It <is> about you as well, of course, as it's a two way thing, and misery is no fun, but I guess what I'm saying is that hopefully your feelings will change, esp as you start to feel better yourself. You'll probably look back at your bf time fondly, and if not fondly then certainly you should feel a sense of pride and achievement! HTH

Ineedmorechocolatenow Fri 23-Oct-09 12:48:54

Bless you. It's tough being poorly with a little one, isn't it? Have you stated to wean yet (not suggesting you do it yet, but wondered as you are near the 26 week mark)?

You are doing so well (sorry to sound patronising). Once you wean, you'll be losing feeds gradually anyway.

And if you've decided that you've had enough, then you've done brilliantly to get so far. Many mums would give their all to have done it for as long as you have.

You should feel so proud grin

KEAWYED Sun 25-Oct-09 19:24:14

I'm feeling better about it again now

Thanks for your words of encouragement

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now