Talk

Advanced search

We can eat peanuts again!!!!!

(12 Posts)
Honeymoonmummy Wed 21-Oct-09 00:12:48

My DD is nearly 1, I'm still BF and have just seen this which is a change in the governments guidelines to say eating peanuts is OK. Apologies if everyone already knows this but I didn't!

My DH has bad hayfever so I was always in two minds about whether to stop eating peanuts or not but decided on reflection not to eat them, hence no snickers or peanut butter for nearly 2 years!!! I thought I'd post this just in case anyone else is in the same position.

I think I'll try eating a bit myself and introduce it slowly that way.

ParanoidAtAllTimes Wed 21-Oct-09 01:36:22

Ooh, thanks for that!

benjysmum Wed 21-Oct-09 01:47:56

just read this post; now craving peanuts.

Purplebuns Wed 21-Oct-09 01:59:11

Thank you so much! I have being dying for a snickers for sooo long! grin

olivo Wed 21-Oct-09 10:54:21

i have been craving peanut butter sandwiches whenever i make them for DD1. i will treat myself to one tonight!grin

forevermore Wed 21-Oct-09 13:41:33

i have had nothing but peanut butter sandwiches since giving birth. always thought it was okay for BF but not pregnancy...dohblush

PoisonToadstool Wed 21-Oct-09 13:43:05

I did not restrict my diet at all whilst breastfeeding - the thought did not once occur to me.

Honeymoonmummy Wed 21-Oct-09 17:01:07

I went to an antenatal BF course Poison, they told me there I think. I'm guessing you restricted your alcohol intake a little?? wink

PoisonToadstool Wed 21-Oct-09 18:03:51

Yes, I did, because I was co-sleeping, less so because of breastfeeding.

Honeymoonmummy Thu 22-Oct-09 22:21:06

Bump

ProcessYellowC Fri 23-Oct-09 08:57:13

Brilliant, thanks for posting this!

I gave up while pregnant but just couldn't hold out while I was breastfeeding...

Honeymoonmummy Fri 23-Oct-09 23:24:23

I bought some peanut butter at the supermarket tonight... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now