Talk

Advanced search

I need a wee boost - come on ladies!

(4 Posts)
TheFrumiousBandersnatch Tue 20-Oct-09 10:56:48

DD was 1 a few weeks ago. We are still breastfeeding. She's happy and I'm happy. She feeds a lot and is showing no signs of wanting to stop.

I'm now starting to get the following type of comments from family and friends.

'Oh is she still on that?'

'Oh it'll be time to stop soon won't it?'

along with plenty of accompanying hmm's.

DP has been amazingly supportive so far but I think he's maybe wanting us to get a social life back (we haven't been out together since she was born) and maybe feels a wee bit left out as dd always wants me (or should I say my boobs) when she's upset or in pain.

I truly believe I'm doing the right thing for me and dd and I am not the kind of person to let anyone influence my parenting decisions but it is getting to me a wee bit.

So come on ladies tell me all your stories of breastfeeding after 1 and beyond and reassure me I am doing the right thing!

Hulla Tue 20-Oct-09 12:13:27

My dd is almost 9 months so I don't have any stories 1yr + (yet!) but you could try having a look at the extended bf-ers thread (or joining?). There are some lovely, cute & funny stories on there that should do the trick. I'll find a link...

Hulla Tue 20-Oct-09 12:25:21

here you go! smile

StealthPolarBear Tue 20-Oct-09 12:27:01

good for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now